Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2010, 07:10 PM

My wife lost 2 stones (split thread)

I know this has nothing to do with eyelids and I also know it's a touchy subject with some people, but I have to tell you about my Wife's weight loss, I'm very proud of her dedication.
She thought she was getting too heavy (I never said anything to her about it, gentleman that I am) at 13 stone so she decided to pack in all sweets, cakes, pastries, and chocolate and stick to a diet of porridge in the morning, a small sandwich midday, a light dinner and some fruit in between.
After 11 weeks she is down to 10 and a half stone and she looks fantastic, she threw out some of her old dresses and bought new jeans and tops, she says she feels healthier and happier and she looks it.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Re: My wife lost 2 stones (split thread)

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I know this has nothing to do with eyelids and I also know it's a touchy subject with some people, but I have to tell you about my Wife's weight loss, I'm very proud of her dedication.
She thought she was getting too heavy (I never said anything to her about it, gentleman that I am) at 13 stone so she decided to pack in all sweets, cakes, pastries, and chocolate and stick to a diet of porridge in the morning, a small sandwich midday, a light dinner and some fruit in between.
After 11 weeks she is down to 10 and a half stone and she looks fantastic, she threw out some of her old dresses and bought new jeans and tops, she says she feels healthier and happier and she looks it.
Hi Jemflux - You could have started a new thread on this. Anyway, well done to your wife. It takes real dedicataion and will power to stick to a diet but she will feel so much better leaving out all the sweet stuff. Well done her. Such a good excuse to get a new wardrobe
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2010, 08:39 PM

Well done your wife! Good for her sticking to it, I know she must look and feel so much better!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Well done to your wife Jimmy! I bet she's chuffed - and best of all, losing that excess weight is a lot healthier
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks Folks, I can't believe how much her confidence has improved and I know she is determined to keep the weight off, its a shame what overweight can do to a persons self esteem and health. My best wishes to those who are trying to lose weight, I know its not easy, but believe me the results are worth it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Well done to your wife Jemflex!

I can loose weight in the summer but come autumn and winter, the pounds start to add on again
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2010, 07:59 AM

Well done to your wife that is fantastic I really admire her.
I struggle with my weight and really need a complete lifestyle and diet change, which hopefully I will embark on in the next week.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2010, 02:10 PM

I lost 15 stone of ugly fat..................

I divorced him
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Wow! Congratulations! I am a yo-yo dieter, got all the T-shirts.

Is there a weight loss thread please?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Wow! Congratulations! I am a yo-yo dieter, got all the T-shirts.

Is there a weight loss thread please?
Hello Nuttygran, just to update you on the wife's weight, not only did she not put on an ounce over the Christmas (her big test, to my mind) but she managed to lose an extra four pounds since, like I said I'm very proud of her because I know how hard it is Folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top