Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:40 PM

Re: New Boiler

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My Ideal boiler cost around 450 quid plus VAT and another 40 quid for the flue - it's been a damned good one thus far. Have also fitted an RF programmable t/stat (different temperatures for different time of day) which I carry from room to room - talk about luxury
Ah, but did you replace a similar boiler with your Ideal one Judd?
We replaced a backboiler in the lounge with a condensing boiler in the kitchen. Quite a bit of piping to be altered.

Yes Judd, sounds like the same programmer as ours.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 01:05 AM

No OGF. The old boiler was just that - a boiler. It heated the central heating and the hot water via a cylinder using the old `Y plan` control system. It was replaced with the Ideal combi-boiler so I had to go under the floor, get rid of the pump and motorised valve and put in a new section of 22mm pipe.

Will think about draining the system down and flushing it through when the warm weather arrives. May even contemplate putting one of those magnet things in if I can find the space to fit one.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 09:21 AM

A year ago we had BG fit a new boiler in a small 2bed property £2250 that included £190 for hive as it's a holiday home , some replastering . I thought that was reasonable . Can recommend hive .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No OGF. The old boiler was just that - a boiler. It heated the central heating and the hot water via a cylinder using the old `Y plan` control system. It was replaced with the Ideal combi-boiler so I had to go under the floor, get rid of the pump and motorised valve and put in a new section of 22mm pipe.

Will think about draining the system down and flushing it through when the warm weather arrives. May even contemplate putting one of those magnet things in if I can find the space to fit one.
Quite a bit of work to do then Judd?
Sounds like the system we replaced with a C/H pump and Cylinder.

The fitter was a bit dubious about fitting the Bosch to a single line feed central heating system, but after a word with Bosch they agreed to give us a seven year warranty provided we installed one that they suggested with a magnetic filter. The good news is, it's worked very well during the winter, arguably as good, if not better than the old unit. Not sure about the domestic hot water yet though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-03-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
A year ago we had BG fit a new boiler in a small 2bed property £2250 that included £190 for hive as it's a holiday home , some replastering . I thought that was reasonable . Can recommend hive .
Sounds about right to me Ripple, although I'm not sure about being able to turn it on and off remotely [with Hive] It can be hacked into you know.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 11:04 AM

We had ours done in 09 changed from the old y plan system ( before that it was a back boiler) , our plumber had to take out the old cylinder and tank , then put our new boiler in , we had a viessman boiler fitted, which is very good , it originally came with a 5 yr guarantee and 10 yes on the heat exchanger,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Ours is similar to yours OGF, but the hall mounted Sender is a Danfoss TP5000 si, today I have set aside some time to make good the damage I had to do, to make access available for the Heating Engineer, I'll sick a photo on when it's done.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Excuse me - and I'm dead serious - what on earth are these "boilers" supposed to do ?
Boil water, I presume ?
For what purpose - domestic heating ?

My god, why don't you all migrate to somewhere suited for human habitation ?
it's because we wash and shower over here Pum.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ah.....where do I start Pummie.....
Foxy, I thank you muchly for your explanation.
I understood some of it.

My question remains
why don't you all migrate to somewhere suited for human habitation ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2017, 06:30 PM

Foxy, I thank you muchly for your explanation.
I understood some of it.

My question remains: why don't you all migrate to somewhere suited for human habitation ?
Do you mean New Zealand?

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top