Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 01:27 PM

Re: Eating fruit

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Green leafy veg, contains vit K, which is not good for people with some (if not all) heart probs. Vit K thickens the blood Warfarin is given to thin the blood down. Cranberry and grapefruit both vit C also also work against some heart meds. Don't just assume what is good for one is good for all.Do like ginger and lemon juice though and together make to me a very nice drink, and hope it does me some good.
Hazel I am a big fan of fresh ginger , it is excellent for relieving nausea and helpful in providing relief in a number of other conditions.
I too like to make a ginger and lemon drink
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Re: Eating fruit

Originally Posted by TedHutchinson ->
I think we should be very careful about suggesting that Vit K is potential harmful as for most people improving Vitamin K status is the best way of preventing calcification of the arteries.
If we want a better flow of blood through the veins then preventing them getting clogged up with calcium deposits.
It's inflammation that leads to the damage (plaque build up) that includes the excess calcium being trafficked in blood.
So the answer is to reduce excess calcium supplementation (no more than 600mg/daily from supplements + improve diet/water calcium sources as dietary calcium safer than supplemental calcium) while also improving ANTI-Inflammatory status. (ie raise Vit d to 125nmol/l where it is most effective as anti-inflammatory agent)

But normal healthy people shouldn't be taking Warfarin. Throughout human evolution the ability of blood to clot was essential for survival. The cause is not Warfarin deficiency. We should be looking at diet/lifestyle that gives rise to the need for warfarin. We should be treating causes NOT SYMPTOMS.

As indeed do some heart meds work against the principles of simple common sense.
The diet promoted for heart disease CAUSES HEART DISEASE.
Making diets less healthy (more inflammatory) inevitably leads to more work for health professionals.
I made a jocular comment this morning about getting flung off but seriously I will refrain from answering this,cos if I said what I thought I'd get flung off. I'd say can't argue with a fool but who am I to say he's wrong, unlike him I don't have all the answers.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top