Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 11:29 PM

"Hairspray"

Went to see the show with my daughter and granddaughter this afternoon and I can thoroughly recommend it. The energy generated by the cast is electrifying from the beginning to the end. The music, set and costumes are fabulous and the singing and dancing was superb.

My favourite moment in the show was the "Timeless to me" duet between Edna (Michael Ball) and hubby Wilber (Micky Dolenz, of the Monkees) .....absolutely hilarious!

The standing ovation at the end of the show was well deserved!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Re: "Hairspray"

That sounds brilliant Mags, so glad you enjoyed it immensely, especially with three generations of your family. Micky Dolenz ......... that brings back memories.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That sounds brilliant Mags, so glad you enjoyed it immensely, especially with three generations of your family. Micky Dolenz ......... that brings back memories.
I was never a great fan of the Monkees but I was very surprised when I discovered Micky Dolenz is now 65! Where does the time go!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 04:14 PM

Nor was I a fan really Mags, I went to see them in London in the 60s with Lulu as a back-up because a boyfriend won two tickets. Lulu was a better act with her 'Shout'.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 05:00 PM

You think Micky Dolenz is old? where does that leave me, I remember his dad in 'F-Troop' on black and white TV years ago.
Glad you enjoyed the show Mags.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
You think Micky Dolenz is old? where does that leave me, I remember his dad in 'F-Troop' on black and white TV years ago.

Are you sure about that jemflux ?

F-Troop debuted in the United States on September 14, 1965 but George Dolenz died on the 8th February 1963 !

Sources .........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_Troop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Dolenz

Pleased you had a great time Mags
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Yes, I'm sure Topaz, for some reason we got a lot of the American shows on Irish TV before the UK, I think it was something to do with the smaller audience (Irish pop. 2.5 million in the early 60's). That is him at the top right, I'd remember that mug anywhere, he passed it on to his Son and may God forgive him for I'm sure Micky won't
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Yes, I'm sure Topaz, for some reason we got a lot of the American shows on Irish TV before the UK, I think it was something to do with the smaller audience (Irish pop. 2.5 million in the early 60's). That is him at the top right, I'd remember that mug anywhere, he passed it on to his Son and may God forgive him for I'm sure Micky won't

LOL

Did you look at the dates I mentioned in my previous post jemflux ?

I really cant see how it could have been George Dolenz when he had died two years pror to F Troops debut ..
Are you sure you`re not getting confused with Larry Storch ?

http://www.nndb.com/people/933/000022867/
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-04-2011, 09:14 PM

My apologies to all, I did get mixed up and now that I see the name Larry Storch it rings through. I hope Micky ain't in the over 50's and doesn't read this

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top