Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 11:33 AM

A Weighty Subject.

Hi everyone, This newby is trying to lose weight. I'm not in any weight loss club, I am counting calories at the moment but believe me I've tried most things.

The reason this time is that a granddaughter is getting married in August but really it is for long term health and my arthritic joints. I'd like to lose 14lbs by the middle of August. I thought I'd post any loss or gain here once a week.

Would any would be 'losers' like to join me?
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

I'd love too, but I've lost 17kgs in 18 months, but have been stuck at 90kg for the past 3 months and just can't seem to shift it.
I eat a fraction of what i used to, I don't snack anymore, only on fruit, and I cycle around 80kms (50 miles) every week.

To say I'm disheartened is an understatement.

I do wish you the best of luck, I found the first stone was easy, it's after that it seems to get harder.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 06:57 PM

My goodness, I think you've done very well but I know how upsetting is to plateau, I have all the T-shirts. As I said, I count my calories, I record them on line, it really does help me to know just how much - or little I can eat.

I'm so glad you're joining me - it's good for the morale. In fact
the more the merrier.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

22-06-2011, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
My goodness, I think you've done very well but I know how upsetting is to plateau, I have all the T-shirts. As I said, I count my calories, I record them on line, it really does help me to know just how much - or little I can eat.

the more the merrier.

Where do you do this ?
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

22-06-2011, 09:22 AM

Topaz, Google 'Food Focus' it is a free site. There is also one called 'myfitnesspal' but I am used to Food Focus, I think it's less complicated. You could have a look at both to see which one you prefer.

Good luck.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
I know how upsetting is to plateau, I have all the T-shirts. As I said, I count my calories, I record them on line, it really does help me to know just how much - or little I can eat.

the more the merrier.
Hi Nuttygran,---Good luck with your efforts.-- Reaching a plateau is your body adapting to a set amount of calories in and calories out each day. Have you tried mixing it up to fool your metabolic rate. By that I mean exercise at different rates on different days and eat more calories on certain days and less on others. That way total calories you eat is the same amount of calories over the week and exercise is the same amount but the pattern is broken so the body doesn't adjust to set needs. In fact you may have just given me the nudge to lose the 1/2 st. that I keep complaining needs to go.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

22-06-2011, 12:15 PM

Hi Rueben, Lol, this lazy so & so does no planned exercise. Years ago I joined a gym with a friend, it bored me rigid, my friend still goes. I walk to & from my town centre - I'm told it's about 300 metres each way- for shopping & to meet that same friend for coffee. I garden a little but besides housework that's just about all. I try to keep to 1200 calories per day, yesterday it was less than 1000 but today it will be nearer 1300. So nothing is set in stone..

Do join us & we can exchange tips & compare weight - hopefully - losses.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Oh dear!! That effort to resist fattening food didn't last very long. Earlier this afternoon I had a piece of chocolate gateau with cream and ice-cream. I must try to practice what I preach---Nutty you have got to get that metabolism gearing up a notch. Cutting the calories down for too long without exercise will slow down your metabolism and it stays down. I've done the gym bit and it is boring so are exercise machines once the novelty has worn off. O/H and I share walking our boxer dog as one way of keeping active. I played badminton which I did enjoy until fairly recently when a flying missile called a shuttlecock injured my left eye. The injury was a damaged retina for which I needed laser repair this has put paid to my badminton days as I am afraid of any further damage to my left eye. We have a treadmill but I find it boring although my O/H uses it. Maybe putting on some music in the privacy of your home and doing a bit of dancing about would get your metabolism going.That's what I do sometimes. I don't care what I look like because no one is watching.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Good luck to you all!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

22-06-2011, 07:29 PM

Rueben, Funny you should suggest I dance in private, I do most days, all round my flat. Like this..... ... Yes, I am joking...

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top