Join for free
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

or are most assuming it won't happen, be put back..or that.... they might actually get their asses into gear and come up with a deal that works in time?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:02 PM

Re: Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
or are most assuming it won't happen, be put back..or that.... they might actually get their asses into gear and come up with a deal that works in time?
They have to do something or they’re out, out!

I think most of them are hoping it will go away and disappear for ever... well in their dreams, they do!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure I can speak for most that voted to leave the EU that a No deal is what we expected. No one even mentioned the possibility of a deal in the early days otherwise we might as well have stayed in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i'm pretty sure i can speak for most that voted to leave the eu that a no deal is what we expected. No one even mentioned the possibility of a deal in the early days otherwise we might as well have stayed in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:17 PM

Hi

Yes, swapped my money over already.

I have 3200 cigarettes here and 17 bottles of Vodka, they will be tripled before the end of the Summer Holidays.

A huge saving.

In December I have a job for an EU Country.

It is Payable in Euros and does not affect my Pension here.

Leaving on in the End of October will cost me, 7 weeks wages., around £4K after Tax.

I can cope with that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have 3200 cigarettes here and 17 bottles of Vodka, they will be tripled before the end of the Summer Holidays.

A huge saving.

Leaving on in the End of October will cost me, 7 weeks wages., around £4K after Tax.

I can cope with that.
With your background you should be able to smuggle it from belgium or hollandd or even france.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
There is already a deal negotiated. Take it and leave!
Don't ask for an extension. The new parliament is through with that approach.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A huge saving.

I can cope with that.
Swapped your money for what and why?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
With your background you should be able to smuggle it from belgium or hollandd or even france.

Hi

I have a flagged Passport.

So what?

I will not cheat.

I will not abuse my Position.

Until the 31st October I will import vast quantities.

On the !st November I cease to do so.

I will pay duty like anyone else.

That is only right and proper.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:59 PM

Wsh I had so much income I could afford to lose £4k!

I was thinking more of the basics...food, whether power supply would be affected/run out over winter? ..and whether the govt would freeze or reduce benefits/pensions to use the money for no deal plans (sure I've seen a story about MP's wanting to block funding for pensions, social care etc if a no deal was pursued).

Are we going to end up with an americanised health system if the govt turns to the US for a deal? Trump has already said EVERYTHING should be on the table for a deal including the NHS and they'd want the UK to lower food standards to accept their food products.

As someone on a low income with what would be classed as pre-existing health conditions would I be able to get any health insurance I could afford? Would medications needed for life still be free to me?

I'm sure I can't be the only person in the country worried about this?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top