Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Re: Weight Gain (how to gain weight)

I'm feeling a bit guilty about posting on the weight loss thread with so many people striving valiantly to get it off. But those of us who have lost weight due to illnesses, hospitalization, etc., can have a problem too; hence this thread.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks Eileen, I'll start us off then? I am naturally small framed and 5ft tall so a weight of say, 6.5 to 7 stone would be just right for me I think. I am just under 6st now and try as I might cannot get heavier. I eat most things but only a little at a time. Have lots of full fat milk all day.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Barry, we were feeling a bit guilty posting on the thread where some members are trying to lose weight so have started a new one for us with the opposite problem ie, skinny and want to gain weight.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Barry, we were feeling a bit guilty posting on the thread where some members are trying to lose weight so have started a new one for us with the opposite problem ie, skinny and want to gain weight.
Threads now merged Mary...
maryl
UK

13-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Very clever stuff, thanks Barry
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Very clever stuff, thanks Barry
Not my doing Mary, must have been the Thread Fairy....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 07:56 PM

Thanks, pla, erm, Thread Fairy! I'm 5' also, and was down to 100 pounds after the two hospitalizations and surgery; I should be around 112 - 115, but was only up to 104 at my last doctor visit. I eat things like rich cheeses, mousse cake, crisps, but it doesn't seem to add the weight.
maryl
UK

13-09-2011, 08:26 PM

I do eat well throughout the day, fruit, veg, nuts, cheese, fish. Chocolate, crisps, biscuits and cake. I weigh myself every day and am ecstatic if I've gained 1 lb - how pathetic is that? The dietician has now 'written me off' and only wants to see me if I lose more weight. I asked her if there is any medication I could take which would help weight increase but she avoided that question. Does anyone else here wear childrens' clothes?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2011, 08:48 PM

I don't have a bathroom scales any more; the old one I had died and I never got around to replacing it; so only get weighed when I see the doctor. But I can tell, my jeans are a bit looser at the waist than they should be.

I don't do breakfast (orange juice and milk, low fat); lunch was a small bowl of miso soup (heavy on the noodles, scallions and shiitake) , a large peach, about 1/4 of a bar of cream cheese (!), and a cup of Ensure senior nutritional chocolate drink. Ate potato crisps while reading the paper in the afternoon; dinner will be pasta with pesto, tossed salad, roll with butter, and a large bowl of vanilla ice cream with blueberries. Snack of wheat thins and aged cheddar with a beer before bed time. Oh, forgot the glass of white wine in the late afternoon and the martini before dinner. Lots of calories there, I'd think ....
maryl
UK

13-09-2011, 09:16 PM

What to do then? How can anyone better your healthy diet? Today I've had cup of tea with sugar and full fat milk. No breakfast (can't do it) milk all day, about three pints. Banana, crisps, biscuits, apple pie, egg and cress sandwich, 2 tomatoes, rice pudding, grape, tangerine and fish in batter this evening. That's me lot! I can't eat any more than this. One thing she did tell me was to mix powdered milk into soups, puddings etc.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top