Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Re: Weight Gain (how to gain weight)

I guess it's just our metabolism, Mary. And I really don't get much exercise at all now that I'm not gardening, and keeping a basically one room flat tidy isn't burning many calories. Walking is pretty much out with COPD, I tire easily. So, more calories in than calories expended, I should be getting some weight back, but no! And to make it more annoying, the weight I have lost isn't the fat around my waist!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:45 PM

Mary, Eileen ..... do either of you eat potatoes or pastry as in savoury pies and pasties? Puddings? Cereals? I find that type of food piles the pounds on fast...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:55 PM

I almost always fix potatoes, usually little new boiled ones, curried or rissole, and crisps, of course. I'm not a cereal person, don't care for it. I rarely have pies, am more a mousse cake dessert type. Or shortbread, or toast and jam. And rolls with copious amounts of real butter!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Sometimes I do Mags, fruit pies with pastry or new potatoes, often take cereals with loads of sugar and milk to bed. To be honest I don't give a fig that I'm thin, I want to add weight for my health, especialy with winter coming along to fight infections. Eileen, my COPD has improved a lot in the past two years and I can walk for miles now, it's early days for you yet. Just thought - we both gave up smoking, wonder if that's anything to do with it?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2011, 10:14 PM

I always heard giving up smoking meant a weight gain as a rule ... t'aint so!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I always heard giving up smoking meant a weight gain as a rule ... t'aint so!
Yes, eating more food is supposed to compensate for giving up smoking...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2011, 10:20 PM

Doesn't work for me; eating about the same and still desperately missing smoking.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

13-09-2011, 10:56 PM

Doesn't work for me; eating about the same and still desperately missing smoking.
Sorry to hear your still missing it badly, Eileen ..... do you chew mints or any sweets instead? That often helps....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2011, 11:39 PM

Neither, Mags, just cold turkey, as from day one. The craving is psychological, not physical.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

13-09-2011, 11:42 PM

Neither, Mags, just cold turkey, as from day one. The craving is psychological, not physical.
Tell yourself you are better off without it, you don't want all the problems you had last winter to happen again

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top