Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see you havent refuted anything l have said about the the EUs
and Hollands in particulars attitude as to how to carry out their
fishing ( or fishy?) business throughout the world Solly??
As to your assertion about my being a communist, l think you
need to change your spectacles as your views sem a little
distorted?
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch now realises the collateral damage facing his country if we leave with no trade deal in place. You can sense the fear in most of his posts.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Solasch now realises the collateral damage facing his country if we leave with no trade deal in place. You can sense the fear in most of his posts.
Better fine-tune your antenna then. Fisheries in the netherlands contribute to gdp in similar levels as in britain.

The contribution of these sectors to the gross domestic product (GDP), the total of what is earned in a given year, is 2.4 percent. The share of agriculture is more than 2.3 percent. Forestry's contribution to GDP is 0.01 percent; fishing accounts for 0.08 percent. https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2001/03/03...32439-a1332594

In both our countries the contribution of fisheries to gdp is similar, negligible. The amount of discussions around brexit about fisheries is extravagantly large.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Better fine-tune your antenna then. Fisheries in the netherlands contribute to gdp in similar levels as in britain.

The contribution of these sectors to the gross domestic product (GDP), the total of what is earned in a given year, is 2.4 percent. The share of agriculture is more than 2.3 percent. Forestry's contribution to GDP is 0.01 percent; fishing accounts for 0.08 percent. https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2001/03/03...32439-a1332594

In both our countries the contribution of fisheries to gdp is similar, negligible. The amount of discussions around brexit about fisheries is extravagantly large.
The difference between our two countries fishing inputs at present
Solly is negligable, but what was the difference before uk made
the mistake of joining the eu?
Do you think you could google me up some details on that?
But dont forget to adjust for inflation etc!
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:23 PM

I take it you wont be too bothered then
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Hi

That is the future of fishing, huge exports of fish we do not eat.

We buy it when we leave and it can no longer operate in our waters.

I am a very keen angler, leaving will not be good for me personally.

I will have to swallow my pride and fish the deep water wrecks out of France instead of England.

I can cope with it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:28 PM

I take it you wont be too bothered then
Now your antenna is receiving loud and clear.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 06:55 AM

That's a good example of how to distort statistics ....otherwise known as lie....about a subject.

The size of fishing to gdp is irrelevant if it's a problem area.

Fishing is 100% of a problem not 0.08 % of a problem.

Analogy............The brakes on your car ar 0.08% of the totality of your vehicle, but if your brakes don't work properly.............!!
Work it out,Solly!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
These super trawlers dont only clean out uk fishing grounds!
They operate all around the world, usually off the shores of 3rd
world countries like the west coast of Africa etc where they can
take as much fish as they can carry due to corruption and non
existant regulation! Once the fish stocks collapse due to their
efforts they simply move on to the next country and so on!
After a couple of years when stocks have recovered they go around
again! This leaves the local fishermen with much depleted fishing
stocks to exist on for two or three years untill the super trawlers
think it is profitable to fish there again!
And so it goes on, but each time this happens the fish stocks get
less and less!!
Regards Donkeyman!

I wonder why some of our Protesters are not out there, in their boat, blocking it's passage.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I wonder why some of our Protesters are not out there, in their boat, blocking it's passage.
You can't block it and besides it would be very dangerous.

Ships have a right of passage and preventing them from doing so (I think) is illegal (unfortunately)

.... I just hope this thing hoovers up one of the many discarded trawler nets by accident. That should bring it to a rapid stop.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 11:14 AM

You can't block it and besides it would be very dangerous.

Ships have a right of passage and preventing them from doing so (I think) is illegal (unfortunately)

.... I just hope this thing hoovers up one of the many discarded trawler nets by accident. That should bring it to a rapid stop.
"Steam Gives way to sail " was a rule of the sea when I was in that lot!

Used to infuriate the Passenger Ships, on the Solent, as the yachts tacked all over, in front of the liners.

Don't even mention that "GreenPeace" Vessel.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top