Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 04:31 PM

Re: Time for Nigel to organise?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Like one poster recently stated, remainers no longer visit the brexit part of OFF thanks to the friendly exchange of arguments. Transfer that to the country, and it becomes your worst nightmare.
Its because they have no new arguments. Its the same old project fear junk from 3.5 years ago thats been disproved by the leave side time and time again.

The country voted leave and remainers haven't managed to bullshit the country into changing its mind, they failed in the referendum, failed with project fear and they failed to overturn the decision of the people.

Give it 6 months after we leave and the remainers will swear blind they voted leave in the referendum because they just can't cope with losing.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You would say that.

Because you don't know anything
Text book ad hominem
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 05:21 PM

Its not the polls I'm looking at. If you look outside of London you will see how the country voted in the referendum - all those angry people want this sorted out once and for all.

17.4 million and counting ....
Down
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Down
Dream on.

If that was the case you wouldn't want be begging for a referendum that rigs the result for remain you would just repeat the exact same referendum from 2016.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Like one poster recently stated, remainers no longer visit the brexit part of OFF thanks to the friendly exchange of arguments. Transfer that to the country, and it becomes your worst nightmare.
They would be welcome Solly if they were able to change the
platitudes they use to argue with??
Seems they are either frozen by the fear they try to spread, or
because they have a vested interest in remaining, which unites
them in a disrespect for democracy?
Regards Donkeyman!
Banchory
Kent

23-10-2019, 08:20 PM

Dream on.

If that was the case you wouldn't want be begging for a referendum that rigs the result for remain you would just repeat the exact same referendum from 2016.
I’ve not begged anyone for a referendum but I do think a binding confirmatory referendum is the best way to resolve the deadlock and it should be fair to all so maybe two stage binary questions

A general election nay well not solve anything

However I do accept that a confirmatory referendum will Most likely never happen as leavers mate not confident a majority still exists
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will be voting Brexit, simply because my MP is not to be trusted.

The alternative is voting for Corbyn and that is not going to happen
Compo hasn't a snowball's hope in Hades in taking my constituency. It is always Conservative vs. Limp Dem.

I am, as yet, undecided as to whether to vote Conservative or Brexit Party. I shall know nearer the time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see labour and tories are still snarling at each other in parliament?
So nothing changes there, but is it not time Nigel and Boris got
together to ensure a victory in an election?
I agree.

I cannot understand why Boris should not agree an alliance with Nigel.

All he needs to do is to agree not to stand in any constituency (mostly up North) in which his party is unlikely to win.

Equally, Nigel should agree not to stand in any constituency in which the Conservatives are bound to win.

That would, for one thing, save both parties a lot of unnecessary expense and neither have anything to lose.

In all other constituencies where there is no certainty of party loyalty, both parties might stand and whichever wins (assuming the remoan parties don't) is a gain for the 'alliance'.

It's perfectly simple.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

I cannot understand why Boris should not agree an alliance with Nigel.

All he needs to do is to agree not to stand in any constituency (mostly up North) in which his party is unlikely to win.

Equally, Nigel should agree not to stand in any constituency in which the Conservatives are bound to win.

That would, for one thing, save both parties a lot of unnecessary expense and neither have anything to lose.

In all other constituencies where there is no certainty of party loyalty, both parties might stand and whichever wins (assuming the remoan parties don't) is a gain for the 'alliance'.

It's perfectly simple.

Thats the best plan l have heard so far JBR!!
In Boris's case, l think he believes he has saved the tories, and
that is where his first loyalties lie, he believes he can regain all the
votes that May lost by getting his imperfect deal through?
Perhaps when/ if his deal fails he will reconsider?
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-10-2019, 10:39 PM

Well, rumour has it that Ken Clark would recommend an amendment for 16 and 17 years olds to be eligible for voting if a bill is brought to call for a general election.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top