Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 02:34 PM

"The Grey"

I went to the theater yesterday to see Liam Neeson's latest movie, "The Grey". I am a big Liam Neeson fan but must tell you that this was the worst movie he's ever done. It's an action/adventure flick where surviving male workers must survive the Alaskan Winter wilderness. That includes a pack of snarly hungry wolves.

This plot has been overdone through the years with the outcome too predictable, everyone dies. Too many scenes in the movie were not realistic, detracting from the overall effect. When a man enters a raging river, fully clothed, he's not going to get out and just sit in the snow. He'd be shivering and suffering from severe Hypothermia. If attacked by wolves you know are coming why not fashion spears instead of trying to fend them off with a few simple clubs?

The all male cast was poorly chosen, with blubbering idiots, opinionated and basically suicidal. This was a dark movie with a poor plot.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Re: "The Grey"

Oh dear Bob one to avoid then...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Thanks for giving the thumbs down to this film, Bob .....I'll definitely give it a miss!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 03:34 PM

Apparently this is another film that portrays the wolf unfairly in a bad light, and to publicise the picture Liam Neeson has been bragging about eating wolf meat.... What a dope, if the poor old wolf hasn't suffered enough at the hands of mankind...
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Apparently this is another film that portrays the wolf unfairly in a bad light, and to publicise the picture Liam Neeson has been bragging about eating wolf meat.... What a dope, if the poor old wolf hasn't suffered enough at the hands of mankind...
Totally agree.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
To clarify the score it was humans = 1, Wolves = 6. Lol
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 06:22 PM

Pity, I liked him too...but I like the wolf more.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

07-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Pity, I liked him too...but I like the wolf more.
I guess everyone is entitled to a clunker every now & them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 09:07 PM

That's a pity Bob - I think Liam Neeson is a fine actor. I may well wait for it to come out on DVD and then watch it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top