Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 05:20 AM

Good morning Thursday !

Good Morning everyone.

Light, dry and quite mild here this morning - but those lazy birds are still abed!

Not looking forward to this morning - friend collecting me at 08:15am to take me to the hospital eye clinic. Having an assessment done for cataracts. Being sensible about it (there's a first time for everything !) they do need attending to but I really don't like anyone messing about with my eyes!

Not sure what will happen afterward - depends on how long it takes for the drops to wear off I suppose.

Have a happy day!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 06:13 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday !

Better late than never

It has been warm and sunny this Thursday with temperatures into the high 20s but this weekend promises temperatures into the 30s until a cool change arrives on Monday.

I shall take the opportunity early this evening to mow the lawn because the recent rain has sprung it back into life

On good piece of news yesterday, the Green Wattle Creek fire has been contained. It started in November and while it is not out it is only burning within containment lines. There are still about 60 fires burning in NSW.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 06:17 AM

Good morning all, milder here but definitely no heatwave that I've noticed....

We are clipping the dogs this morning, they are longer than usual having gone six weeks instead of the usual four so are looking quite untidy.

Have a good day everyone
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good Morning everyone.

Light, dry and quite mild here this morning - but those lazy birds are still abed!

Not looking forward to this morning - friend collecting me at 08:15am to take me to the hospital eye clinic. Having an assessment done for cataracts. Being sensible about it (there's a first time for everything !) they do need attending to but I really don't like anyone messing about with my eyes!

Not sure what will happen afterward - depends on how long it takes for the drops to wear off I suppose.

Have a happy day!
I know what you mean.How can you tell whether it's cataracts or it's your eyes getting weaker with age.
Good luck,anyway.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:17 AM

Good morning all

It feels warmer this morning but I haven't been out yet
Still quite dark here.

Not sure what the day will bring as hubby not too well.....Will have to wait and see.

Have a good day all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 07:25 AM

ST

far better to get them treated than go blind. That was my big fear when i had to have an eye operation. As for the eye drops it will take at least half a day to wear off. Sue said it looked funny when one of my eyes moved and the otherdidn't. This is why they say your not to drive yourself to the hospital.

Yes I was scared stiff about having one of my eyes taken out for a stent to be inserted behind the eyeball, but as i said better for half a day having work done on them than being perminantly blind.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 08:57 AM

Good morning everybody.

Later today I'm meeting some ladies from one of my face-book groups for lunch.
These meetings often turn into boozy afternoons so I've decided to leave the car at home & go on the bus.

Who doesn't enjoy a boozy afternoon now & again?

Have a good day all...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 09:23 AM

Good morning everyone, have a good day, stay safe and well, God bless.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good morning everybody.

Later today I'm meeting some ladies from one of my face-book groups for lunch.
These meetings often turn into boozy afternoons so I've decided to leave the car at home & go on the bus.

Who doesn't enjoy a boozy afternoon now & again?

Have a good day all...
Me and possibly very few others Carol – I am teetotal!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 10:13 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Not cold or frosty this morning. Bright spells to start, then cloud thickening during the morning. Patchy light rain later during the afternoon is the forecast. Maximum temperature 11ºC.

I haven’t even thought about what to do today, the day will unfold as it usually does!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top