Join for free
Page 5 of 25 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 11:06 AM

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I thought Barnier was giving us 48 hours or he is walking away ?

Back he comes ....
Yes, l just spotted him arrive at ST Pancreas seemingly alone??
So much for his threats !!
Sources in Brussells say he wants to seperate fishing from the rest
of the "deal" to be dealt with later,( no mention of HOW later)??
Who's cherrypicking now??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, l just spotted him arrive at ST Pancreas seemingly alone??
So much for his threats !!
Sources in Brussells say he wants to seperate fishing from the rest
of the "deal" to be dealt with later,( no mention of HOW later)??
Who's cherrypicking now??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
They're still not getting it, are they?
It isn't just about access to our waters, it's about so-called level playing fields and the insistence that we submit to EU laws!
Barnier has somehow got to give those demands up before a deal can be made and that is unlikely.

As the Guardian is reporting "an EU source" as saying:
' "But he was clear that things are entirely stuck,” said an EU source. Barnier’s travel plans appeared to be “driven more by a wish at the highest levels of the European commission to negotiate until the bitter end than actual progress on the ground”, the source added. '

As I have said before: they think that we will just submit as the clock ticks down.
We don't need to though, for reasons I have said many times before.

Note (well, it IS the Guardian ) that the "we are bigger than the UK" argument keeps being played.
Why they determinedly ignore the huge annual surplus - £90 billion every year - in trade that their club sells to the UK I do not know.
That's a heck of a lot of potential job losses - at a time when the EU are facing numerous other problems as well as a virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ck-of-progress
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
They're still not getting it, are they?
It isn't just about access to our waters, it's about so-called level playing fields and the insistence that we submit to EU laws!
Barnier has somehow got to give those demands up before a deal can be made and that is unlikely.

As the Guardian is reporting "an EU source" as saying:
' "But he was clear that things are entirely stuck,” said an EU source. Barnier’s travel plans appeared to be “driven more by a wish at the highest levels of the European commission to negotiate until the bitter end than actual progress on the ground”, the source added. '

As I have said before: they think that we will just submit as the clock ticks down.
We don't need to though, for reasons I have said many times before.

Note (well, it IS the Guardian ) that the "we are bigger than the UK" argument keeps being played.
Why they determinedly ignore the huge annual surplus - £90 billion every year - in trade that their club sells to the UK I do not know.
That's a heck of a lot of potential job losses - at a time when the EU are facing numerous other problems as well as a virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ck-of-progress
Hi

I simply do not get your optimism.

Remember the Cod Wars.

We are in the same position as Iceland, being bullied by a much bigger nation, if you can call the EU a Nation.

We sent in the military and Iceland still won.

Fisheries are ours, the EU can swan off and unless Boris backs down we will win.

As regards the rest of your posts, 40 of our Exports are to the EU, 13% of the EU Exports are to the UK.

WTO Rules will hurt us 3 times more than the EU.

Boris does not have an Oven ready Deal, Gove said nobody voted for a No Deal and the saving of £350 million a week was a lie.

IFinance was not my reason to vote Leave.

I simply will not be dictated to by Macron and Merkel.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I simply do not get your optimism.

Remember the Cod Wars.

We are in the same position as Iceland, being bullied by a much bigger nation, if you can call the EU a Nation.

We sent in the military and Iceland still won.

Fisheries are ours, the EU can swan off and unless Boris backs down we will win.

As regards the rest of your posts, 40 of our Exports are to the EU, 13% of the EU Exports are to the UK.

WTO Rules will hurt us 3 times more than the EU.

Boris does not have an Oven ready Deal, Gove said nobody voted for a No Deal and the saving of £350 million a week was a lie.

IFinance was not my reason to vote Leave.

I simply will not be dictated to by Macron and Merkel.
The cod wars were won by the country taking back its territory.

And stop talking utter garbage about tarrifs. You know nothing about trade.

If you didn't vote leave for financial reasons you sure seem to post an awful lot about it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
If I remember correctly, the choice offered was quite simple:

"Do you want to remain in the EU or leave the EU?"

Admittedly, "a deal" was not mentioned.

Most of us voted for the latter option, "to leave the EU".

The real issue is if we leave the EU with a deal, will that deal keep us under at least some control of the EU?

If it does leave us under their control in any way, either politically, financially or regarding trade, then we shall not have left the EU in any practical sense.

To me at least, that would not mean we have left the EU. If we are still under their control in any way, we would not have left. Simple.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The cod wars were won by the country taking back its territory.

And stop talking utter garbage about tarrifs. You know nothing about trade.

If you didn't vote leave for financial reasons you sure seem to post an awful lot about it.
Hi

Yes, we need to do an Iceland.

The rest of your post I disagree with.

We will have to see who is right.

Not long until we find out, just a few weeks.
rainman
New Member!
yorkshire uk
rainman is male 

28-11-2020, 02:16 PM

we need to get our act together we buy more from the EU then they buy from us so tariffs will be in there favour SOD THE EU we will just buy things from other countries under world trade rules i do not like being dictated to by unelected Eurocrats our fish our country not a we will give you 15 to 18% of your own fish back to you that like saying give me a £ and i will return 15 to 18 p stick by your guns frosty
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What has the Captain got to do with this?
Che?...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by rainman ->
we need to get our act together we buy more from the EU then they buy from us so tariffs will be in there favour SOD THE EU we will just buy things from other countries under world trade rules i do not like being dictated to by unelected Eurocrats our fish our country not a we will give you 15 to 18% of your own fish back to you that like saying give me a £ and i will return 15 to 18 p stick by your guns frosty

We've already reduced 80% of our tarrifs to zero. Its open season from January 1st... I can't wait.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-11-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Che?...
Hi

Simples, the final call is down to Boris.

He is PM and the one who makes the decisions.

I was a paid employee, gave my opinions and that was that.

That is how it should be, I was never elected, my Political Masters where elected.

If it was not illegal.my job to put things into action.

It is a fact of life that if things go wrong, we are expendable.

Nobody ever voted for me.

I got sacked, such is life, I simply could not agree with Government Policies of releasing illegals on Bail after we had found them.

Page 5 of 25 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top