Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 06:43 PM

Re: Christmas get together -should we or not

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We have already decided that we won’t risk celebrating Christmas with our family this year, no matter what rules will be eased at that time.

However our daughter and SIL have said they will still visit us in the afternoon for a little chat but they will stay on the other side of the garden gate while we stay on the doorstep. That is fine by us all, we’ve come through unscathed this far so a little longer won’t hurt us. 🤞🏻
Just hope it doesn’t rain that day.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 07:20 PM

We will go to my Daughters & her Partners, though we haven't been invited yet. We have gone every year since my OH died, 4 years now, Daughters Partner is a brilliant cook, his roasts are wonderful, far better than my cooking.
There are only the 4 of us so it won't be a problem as we are still seeing them anyway.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:05 PM

We don't know how deadly serious this whole situation really is. None of us do. But it's looking ten times less serious than it did 6 or 9 months ago. Remember when we all thought we were going to die? Thankfully things have settled down. I don't know about latest government policy, I don't know if we should be allowed out for seasonal drinks or not, or what. All I know is we can cope with a non xmas.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:08 PM

A relative is on Zoom.

https://www.techradar.com/news/what-...t-alternatives
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A relative is on Zoom.

https://www.techradar.com/news/what-...t-alternatives
We use Skype. We're good at keeping in touch on a regular basis with family uk and abroad. And it's not just because of covid.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Aw Bev sorry to hear you are feeling down in the dumps have a hug

I feel sad that I have missed almost a year in the life of my twin grandsons, they were 3 years old this year, a wonderful age and sharing that special time with them to the full has now gone forever.

Having sacrificed almost a whole year to C19 I have no intention of taking any chances when the end is in sight, to do so would be madness.

I have just been looking at the house my son has rented for a week's holiday in June, it overlooks the sea in Wales. I am going to concentrate on that and forget Christmas ....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We don't know how deadly serious this whole situation really is. None of us do. But it's looking ten times less serious than it did 6 or 9 months ago. Remember when we all thought we were going to die? Thankfully things have settled down. I don't know about latest government policy, I don't know if we should be allowed out for seasonal drinks or not, or what. All I know is we can cope with a non xmas.
A good post d00d. I can remember the panic and worry in the early stages, whether we would survive or not; now the question is more about whether we should be locked down and in which tier. We have moved on in some ways, particularly with several vaccines emerging. I'm sure the USA is only questioning the Oxford vaccine because they wanted to flog us their one.

As always, if you are alive you should celebrate.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:16 PM

To be perfectly honest, Mrs Dex and I are looking forward to having a Christmas that doesn't involve other members of the family.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A good post d00d. I can remember the panic and worry in the early stages, whether we would survive or not; now the question is more about whether we should be locked down and in which tier. We have moved on in some ways, particularly with several vaccines emerging. I'm sure the USA is only questioning the Oxford vaccine because they wanted to flog us their one.

As always, if you are alive you should celebrate.

I agree with your comment on USA flogging us their vaccine, dongle, but if we intend to buy in, why did we spend vast amounts on making our own?
And furthermore, where is ours going if we don't use it?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:49 PM

I know just how you feel LQ ,I am the same probably will go to DD,but it won"t be the same . I had a chat with her earlier and get the feeling she wants us there badly ,so will oblige with trepidation to be honest.
am sure everything will be fine ,fingers crossed.
You all take care x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top