Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 08:39 AM

Credit Scores

Hi

Do you check yours?

They are important as they affect the Interest Rates on your borrowing and Credit Cards.

I find them weird.

My Score has gone down because I pay off my Credit Card every month and I have also nearly paid off a Loan.

How stupid is that?

If I took out a new bigger Loan my score would go up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 09:22 AM

Re: Credit Scores

I have never bothered with 'credit scores' , with the exception of a mortgage many years ago I don't use credit.

I was brought up in the school of thought that says if you can't pay or save for something you don't have it.

This did mean having very few possessions for a large part of my life, no problem I have always slept well at night knowing I didn't owe money to anyone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 09:57 AM

The pragmatist in anyone should be aware that since the virus crisis, and subsequent loss of incomes (and jobs ultimately), the credit reference should be of little consequence, people with an untainted credit history, cannot pay creditors without any income, strange times.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never bothered with 'credit scores' , with the exception of a mortgage many years ago I don't use credit.

I was brought up in the school of thought that says if you can't pay or save for something you don't have it.

This did mean having very few possessions for a large part of my life, no problem I have always slept well at night knowing I didn't owe money to anyone.
Same here Meg,if we never had money it didn't get bought,still the same today.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:40 PM

I dread to think what my credit score would be simply because we've paid off our mortgage, we pay off our credit cards in full each month, and recurring bills are paid by DD before they're due. We don't need a loan to buy things, nor do we buy things on "tick". So, as far as a lender is concerned, I suppose we're just not worth lending to as they wouldn't make any money out of us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:24 PM

I don't own a credit card, neither do I buy on credit, nor borrow money. If I can't afford something I do without - simples.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:24 PM

I honestly have never owned and used a credit card . Maybe I'm behind the times but they actually frighten me . Ive heard about people racking up huge debts . What I can't afford i dont buy . I've always been a saver even though i never earned much . I put by for the future , even now . If I need something I will pay for it , if I couldn't afford it all in one go I would try interest free credit.

I know of people who earn good money as couples yet still owe thousands on credit cards . Why ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

This did mean having very few possessions for a large part of my life, no problem I have always slept well at night knowing I didn't owe money to anyone

Same here, Meg.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 05:53 AM

Sounds like no one on here ever had a Mortgage!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-08-2020, 05:58 AM

In the absence of industry, it is the credit payers who have kept this economy turning over, an industry (service obviously) where workers can easily work from home, as it happens, indirectly, 40 years of it has kept the debt free afloat, in ignorant bliss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top