Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 12:58 PM

Weighing machine

Two days ago when I got up, I weighed 12 stones 7 pounds.
That has been my approximate weight for many months now.

Yesterday morning, I suddenly weighed 12 stones 10 pounds.

How do you put on 3 pounds in one day without eating (and, sorry for this, pooing) any differently?

Marge also found that she had put on 2 pounds overnight.

Everything pointed to the obvious culprit, the weighing machine. It is a decent make (Salter) and only a couple of years old. I decided to change the batteries.

With new batteries, I had dropped to 12 stones 8.6 pounds, and that was within half-an-hour.

Today I weigh 12 stones 8.8 pounds.

Time for a new weighing machine?
Or will the new one be similarly inaccurate?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Weighing machine

I weigh about the same as you, JBR. So though you would not be over weight I am. I blame it on Covid inactivity.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:23 PM

I don't like them....They Lie.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 01:57 PM

could your body be retaining fluid, I have to take a water pill each morning and some days I can weigh 2 or 3 lbs more than the day before...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
could your body be retaining fluid, I have to take a water pill each morning and some days I can weigh 2 or 3 lbs more than the day before...
Wow! I suppose that's possible, though I've been peeing pretty much as normal (I'm sure you really wanted to know that!).

Even so, it's a coincidence that both of us put on a similar amount overnight!

I wonder if I might extend this thread to ask if others here have had particularly good experiences (and the opposite) with reliability regarding weighing machines?
Are mechanical ones more reliable and accurate than electronic ones?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:10 PM

Weigh yourself at the same time every day as your body tends to weigh more later in the day than it did in the mornings.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Two days ago when I got up, I weighed 12 stones 7 pounds.
That has been my approximate weight for many months now.

Yesterday morning, I suddenly weighed 12 stones 10 pounds.

How do you put on 3 pounds in one day without eating (and, sorry for this, pooing) any differently?

Marge also found that she had put on 2 pounds overnight.

Everything pointed to the obvious culprit, the weighing machine. It is a decent make (Salter) and only a couple of years old. I decided to change the batteries.

With new batteries, I had dropped to 12 stones 8.6 pounds, and that was within half-an-hour.

Today I weigh 12 stones 8.8 pounds.

Time for a new weighing machine?
Or will the new one be similarly inaccurate?
Suggest you keep changing the batteries, every day, until you reach your target weight.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:15 PM

I am so glad you posted this JBR
I knew there was a reason why my is diet not working ........
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:24 PM

Suggest you stop weighing yourself. Tightness of your clothes will tell you all you need to know.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-11-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Weigh yourself at the same time every day as your body tends to weigh more later in the day than it did in the mornings.
Yes, we do. We usually weigh ourselves just before we shower after we get up.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top