Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:05 PM

Re: What does Brexit mean to you?

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
You just keep fighting those old battles OGF. If they keep you amused.
I was born post war and live in today's world.
You brought it up Flicker with your remarks about Britain Pre EU.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Thanks If I'm good at something I'm clearly ahead of you.

Put-down of the month.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

BTW I already write to a far wider audience...and if I need your advice I shall ask for it.
Hilarious!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You brought it up Flicker with your remarks about Britain Pre EU.
You should know by now it's only negative things about uk flicker is willing to see and discuss.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You should know by now it's only negative things about uk flicker is willing to see and discuss.
I had no idea that is thread was about ancient history, but about how you view Brexit.

No matter how optimistic you are, the facts will be facts and reality will be borne out.

Other than nice landscapes and pubs and a certain cultural flavour, all DIFFERENT but not better than anywhere else, what is there to celebrate? You can say that about anywhere which enjoys the same standard of living and temperate climate.

Pretending everything il be alright just sets you up for eternal unfulfilled wishing and at my age I want things to happen a tad faster than that. You already had stability, comfort, freedom, alliances against hostile trade, like minded united friends and realistic expectations. Someone told you those didn't matter and that you REALLY wanted something else. They roused you with some historical rallying cry for let's face it their own glory. So you threw all those away and HOPE you can find some of them elsewhere. In a very cold unforgiving REAL world.
I don't think you will in a very long time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Well you brought up the ancient history so members have just responded in kind. Perhaps keep to the topic in hand if you don't want things prior to eu brought up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 01:45 PM

Mrs Flicker reminds me of a 'customer' I had when I worked in an office just after leaving school.

'Mrs L' (I should not state her real name, although she's probably dead now) was what I suppose we should call a 'mentally disturbed person' who would write long epistles on a regular basis in which she would ramble on at length about nothing of any importance. These would include such things as informing us of various indiscretions performed by certain royal personages (presumably, of whom she was personally acquainted).

I was fortunate to be the first to read her letters, as they were sent to me, but I always passed them around the office so that everyone could have a laugh.

The drawback, of course, was that I had to restrain myself and be very polite when responding to her.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Flicker, I don't know how you've got the nerve.......The EU, and in particular France, allow the dregs of the world to permeate through Europe and settle in the most overcrowded country within the EU and we have to pay for the privilege.

Yes Flicker, post war Britain was in a bit of a state after we sank into debt fighting your battles and giving safe haven to your politicians. And this is the thanks we get! You cuddle up to the country that wanted to destroy France and replace it with the third reich, and then bite the hand who gave you back your freedom. It's a good job that all French people don't think like you.
Good post buddy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Good post buddy.
Cheers Fender...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Flicker
If you hate us in the UK so much why did you join a UK forum site? maybe you would find more support if you left and joined a french one instead
I've asked her the same thing myself but got no reply. Clearly her dubious talents are wasted on us ... she should be trying to educate and convert the Marine le Pen followers.

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top