Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 10:06 AM

Thomas Cook

My son’s farther in law lost his mom last year, she left him a lot of money and her house, he wanted to take is his family on holiday. He booked with Thomas Cook for next February to go to Cuba, 17 adults one child. They have all been so excited now it looks like Thomas Cook are going down. I know he will get his money back but how long will it take.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Re: Thomas Cook

I was shocked to hear the news about Thomas Cook. Has it emerged what the problem is yet? I know when they take our money they hang onto it for months before paying for flights and hotels etc. As you say Ethel, how long will it take to get the money back? They are never very quick at that sort of thing are they. Hopefully they will be able to book with someone else in time.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 02:11 PM

When Monarch went bust I seem to recall contacting my bank immediately because I had paid by credit card .
Can't remember tho how long it took.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was shocked to hear the news about Thomas Cook. Has it emerged what the problem is yet? I know when they take our money they hang onto it for months before paying for flights and hotels etc. As you say Ethel, how long will it take to get the money back? They are never very quick at that sort of thing are they. Hopefully they will be able to book with someone else in time.
Who knows so many rumours flying round, miss management,fuel cost, not keeping up with the times, we might never know.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 04:46 PM

I don't understand after reading this. Thomas Cook seems to belong to Germany.
It's all very confusing .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cook_%26_Son

In 2001 Thomas Cook was acquired by the German company C&N Touristic AG, which changed its name to Thomas Cook AG

Oh, I think it merged with My Travel
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 05:20 PM

My daughter is panicking a bit. She and her three boys are to fly out to America for their holiday next month.
She hopes to be refunded via her credit card.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 07:35 PM

And my younger sister is due to go to Turkey next weekend with our ex sister in law, and two other ladies. Whether they paid on credit card, I don’t know.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I don't understand after reading this. Thomas Cook seems to belong to Germany.
It's all very confusing .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cook_%26_Son

In 2001 Thomas Cook was acquired by the German company C&N Touristic AG, which changed its name to Thomas Cook AG

Oh, I think it merged with My Travel
A very interesting read Puddle Duck, is there nothing British these days...
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 10:16 PM

I know that paying by credit card gives you extra protection, but you surely have travel insurance before booking a holiday - so it would be them who refund anything paid, then they wait for refunds/compensation from Thomas Cook.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:29 AM

Hi

The Government is being asked to bail them out.

Of the three biggest shareholders, one is American, one Chinese and only one is UK.

We should not get involved.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top