Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Re: Good Morning Sunday!

Good morning everybody.

I have no real plans for today. After lunch I want to test the sat nav on my smartphone & see if it can direct me to a hotel about 8 miles away that I'm going to for a baby shower later in the month.

I like to have a pre run so I'll know where it is - especially if I'm giving lifts to people.

It's wet & miserable weather here. Think we'll snuggle up with a box of maltesers & a film later on.

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Good morning all dull and raining here...

Nothing special planned so will have an easy day today.

Enjoy your day everyone
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

13-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Good morning all. Rainy here too.

Children and grandchildren are coming here later for proper Sunday lunch - roast beef followed by treacle tart. So I am off to do some cooking. Have a good day everyone.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Morning all.

Horrible here like everywhere else I think today

No matter, Mrs. F is at work so I'm out for a quick pint followed by a coffee at lunchtime. I can't be home alone on my birthday can I? I should think I'll manage a single tot of Grouse tonight though

Have a good day all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's World.......
Although it seemed dry and dark outside (6:30) I put on my waterproof anyway and set off for my eight mile Sunday Run. Just a few spots of light drizzle as I ran through the village, most of the houses were in darkness as I silently drifted by.
All except for the convenience store where the odd early riser was collecting the latest edition of Sunday's news.....

I soon left the last of the hazy streetlights behind and immersed myself in my thoughts and the peace of the countryside. The gentle rain had stopped now and the country roads were surprisingly dry. I reached the junction that decided if this run would be a six or an eight....No contest today, I was feeling good and everything was working the way it was supposed to, the way it has for over forty years...

I crossed the bridge over the tidal river and saw that it was neither flowing in or out, just stationary. With a full moon tonight I guessed that it would be a high tide on the coast forty miles away and it would progress slowly inland reaching here some hours later.

No people and only two cars on the whole of the eight mile run, and it was only as I entered the village my thoughts focused on the emptiness I felt in my stomach that would soon be relieved with a hot steaming bowl of porridge smothered with honey....
What has the rest of the day got in store? Dunno, but whatever it is, I'll be happy in the knowledge that that's another eight miles in the journal....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Well done on today's run Bob, I love the way you give us your detailed write-ups on your morning runs ..... I feel I'm almost running along with you whilst sat in this chair!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done on today's run Bob, I love the way you give us your detailed write-ups on your morning runs ..... I feel I'm almost running along with you whilst sat in this chair!
Thanks Mags, a good run can be so emotional....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top