Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:08 PM

Re: late getting up

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I was doing admin at 6.30am.
I'm like you Spitty, it's 5.30 - 6am for putting the kettle on every morning, regardless of what day it is, and since retiring, I often forget what day it is anyway as one day merges into the next. Weekends, which I used to really look forward to when working, are now just like any other day.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:16 PM

I just do not understand how you retirees do it. No pressure of getting up early to go to work but yet you still get up say 5 or 6am..why? Is it because you have a partner, children, grandchildren, pets, that require you to get up so early? I enjoy my sleep, i like my sleep, there is no way on this earth that when i retire i am ever getting up that early.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:31 PM

When l was younger and had young children, l used to dream about having a lie-in. Then when the day came, l was so used to never having a lie-in, that l couldn’t do it.

These days, definitely no lie-in’s for me. I have eight hens waiting for their breakfast and have their coops cleaned out!

I think if you have quality sleep, then that is suffice. No point lying in bed letting the veins in your legs harden up.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm like you Spitty, it's 5.30 - 6am for putting the kettle on every morning, regardless of what day it is, and since retiring, I often forget what day it is anyway as one day merges into the next. Weekends, which I used to really look forward to when working, are now just like any other day.
I have been retired for 14 years now and I still look forward to the weekends for some reason. I usually get up about 7:30am.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 01:11 AM

I really enjoy getting up early at the weekend. You get so much done. Lie ins are for New Years day or when you're sick. It's lovely to watch the dawn breaking and that silence just before the world comes alive.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:22 AM

I'm up 24/7
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:19 AM

I've never been able to lie in...it seems such a waste to me not that I'm overly busy when I get up
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really enjoy getting up early at the weekend. You get so much done. Lie ins are for New Years day or when you're sick. It's lovely to watch the dawn breaking and that silence just before the world comes alive.
Best time of the day Annie....it's all downhill from there....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm up 24/7
I am awake longer and more often than that!

Joking aside though, it's for the same reason – permanent night shifts for far too long. My last night shift was back in 1990 but after over two decades of nights my circadian rhythm (body clock) is mostly non-existent. Not only does this mean my body doesn't know when to sleep, it also doesn't get the right kind of sleep, of which I believe there are two. The really deep sleep at first then the lighter REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. There might be some way of re-progamming sleep but I manage OK most of the time. There's nothing preventing me sleeping as and when I want and with the occasional time, when sleep seems to be at the 'right time', I can get by.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 09:41 PM

I had enough of early starts when going to work, and then when Holly was a pup I’d get up early for her first walk of the day. Now she’s adult (oh how I love writing that!), she too wants a lie in. In fact, she loves my bed so much I have problems getting her up.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top