Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: The so called palestinians just can't stop.

Where did Jews come from Julie ?
Jesus ?
The Israelites ?
All considerably before ‘we’ put any country anywhere .

The rest of the middles east is hardly the most peaceful of places it can’t be ALL our fault surely ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do sometimes wonder if we had would this still be going on, we seemed to have the idea to put the jewish state where it is so if we had stepped back and left well alone it might all be peaceful.
Only if by "we" you mean the League of Nations followed by the United Nations.

As for where our homeland should be (yes, OUR homeland) then where else other than where it had been for thousands of years?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Home is where you you live not where you want to live. Seems to me AT your not happy living in the UK and more hung up about where you want to live
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Home is where you you live not where you want to live. Seems to me AT your not happy living in the UK and more hung up about where you want to live
That old chestnut!

Like I've not heard THAT one before!

My home by choice is here in the UK.

My homeland is in Eretz Yisrael.

At the end of the Seder meal at Pesach and at Yom Kippur "next year in Jerusalem" ( L'Shana Habaah B'Yerushalyim ) is sung or recited as a sorta toast and has been for many centuries as a hope after the mohammedan invaders stole our homeland.

Now we still use the same words by tradition, and at other times as a question as to where we should holiday in the coming year!

It's so so good to have back what always was ours.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:46 AM

it is an attitude like that which causes the trouble on both sides. If both sides were more tolerant the fighting as to what belongs to who would go away
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-08-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
it is an attitude like that which causes the trouble on both sides. If both sides were more tolerant the fighting as to what belongs to who would go away
If only that were true.

But it isn't.

Quite apart from anything else Muslims can NEVER accept the rightful people living on what they consider to be a waqf
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If only that were true.

But it isn't.

Quite apart from anything else Muslims can NEVER accept the rightful people living on what they consider to be a waqf
Muslims ? which ones ? I have Muslim family members really don't have any thoughts about Jewish settlements at all they are more worried about lives here in UK and their extended family in Sri Lanka. My Polish Muslim friends again have no thoughts about Jewish people they are too busy trying to fight for their own rights to live peacefully here and in their homelands. It's really a small portion of world wide Muslims that have any feeling against Israel and many it's israel not Jewish people they dislike.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Only if by "we" you mean the League of Nations followed by the United Nations.

As for where our homeland should be (yes, OUR homeland) then where else other than where it had been for thousands of years?
We as in the west who meddle often in places we should keep our noses out of.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Muslims ? which ones ? I have Muslim family members really don't have any thoughts about Jewish settlements at all they are more worried about lives here in UK and their extended family in Sri Lanka. My Polish Muslim friends again have no thoughts about Jewish people they are too busy trying to fight for their own rights to live peacefully here and in their homelands. It's really a small portion of world wide Muslims that have any feeling against Israel and many it's israel not Jewish people they dislike.
It's an Islamic thing and it goes very much deeper than Israel. It started when Mohammad was rightly laughed out of town when he claimed to be the leader of Judaism.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-08-2019, 12:45 PM

It's an Islamic thing and it goes very much deeper than Israel. It started when Mohammad was rightly laughed out of town when he claimed to be the leader of Judaism.
It's not something Muslims around the world seem to be bothered about, it's the Middle East where tribal lines are drawn that you find hatred. If you really think a Polish cleaner in UK is at all bothered about Jewish people you have the wrong end of the stick.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top