Join for free
View Poll Results: If there were a GE soon and you didn't have to vote tactically who would you vote for
Labour 2 4.44%
Tory 18 40.00%
Brexit Party 13 28.89%
Lib Dem 3 6.67%
Green 4 8.89%
Other 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:06 PM

Re: Quick Poll

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Brexit Party for me.
Yep.....Same here Shropshiregirl.....
It'll be the second referendum.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox
"I voted for the Brexit Party on here but I think Barry is right, It would just split the vote and allow the limp dems or labour in...And we wouldn't want that would we....So I think Boris should get my support on this occasion...."
Originally Posted by John
"it,s Brexit for me, but I hope they and the Tories get their act together, and form a team to get us out of that damn EU, once and for all"
Originally Posted by Barry
"All a vote for the Brexit party would do is split the conservative vote, which would then guarantee a Labour or LibDem win"

Chaps I fear you missed the point about tactical voting.

It's not a simple case of voting for BrExit party

You need to look at your specific constituency in the link I provided (copied again below) and determine which party normally wins. If that party is the Tories, then vote Tory, DO NOT vote BP and split the vote.

If the party that normally wins is Labour, then look at how close the Tories are behind them. If it's a close thing then vote Tory to boost them for the win. If Tories are normally way behind Labour then vote BrExit Party along with other Leavers.

and so on.

Make your vote count,

Don't split the Tory/BP vote.

In truth one would hope that the BP doesn't stand in the constituencies that are normally Tory safe seats to ensure there is no split vote.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies
Lorna Doone
New Member!
England
Lorna Doone is female 

20-09-2019, 09:55 PM

There's a lot of confusion out there! Listening to different phone-in programmes there are some Brexiteers who are tribally Labour who say they could never vote Tory, they don't like JC, so they will vote LibDem!!!!!!

Like others have said, have wondered what the point is in voting only to be ignored BUT even if after this next election I decide it's not worth the bother, it is essential to take part in the upcoming one cos not to is to play into the hands of Remainers.

My MP is a staunch Brexiteer, he has responded to each of my emails on the subject, and has a huge majority so I will vote Tory in support of him.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lorna Doone ->
There's a lot of confusion out there! Listening to different phone-in programmes there are some Brexiteers who are tribally Labour who say they could never vote Tory, they don't like JC, so they will vote LibDem!!!!!!

Like others have said, have wondered what the point is in voting only to be ignored BUT even if after this next election I decide it's not worth the bother, it is essential to take part in the upcoming one cos not to is to play into the hands of Remainers.

My MP is a staunch Brexiteer, he has responded to each of my emails on the subject, and has a huge majority so I will vote Tory in support of him.
Yep, Absolutely Lorna......

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top