Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:38 PM

Britain as a Failed State

There was an interesting opinion piece in the Sydney Morning Herald with the headline:

Britain as a failed state? Don't laugh, it's that serious

it starts:

With Britain as the mother country and the US as the alliance father, Australia has a dysfunctional family. Mum has gone nuts, Dad has gone rogue. The anchors of the Anglosphere are angry and adrift, distracted by nationalism mutating to nativism.
The article concludes;

Martin Wolf commented in July: "The UK the world thought it knew – stable, pragmatic, respected – is gone, probably forever. Lost reputations are not easily regained." Whatever Britain emerges from the other side of Brexit, it will have a reduced role and reputation in Europe.

Britain is going to have less say in what Europe does and how Europe acts. Less diplomatic influence. Less power. Britain’s oft-cited "special relationship" with the US will be less special and less important. A poorer nation with a fainter voice in Europe will have a weaker voice in Washington.

Polarised, poorer and with less power – Britain is bereft by Brexit.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...12-p52qtu.html

The author Graeme Dobell is a journalist and a fellow of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

This is how the world will view Britain it is not your view of Britain.

What do you think of what is said?

(Please READ the article first - don't just comment on the headline)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: Britain as a Failed State

As extra reading try this article from yesterday (from the SMH Europe Correspondent):

Whispers, betrayal and rebellion: Britain more divided than ever

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...11-p52q2x.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:59 PM

"Domestically, the US system is so strong and dynamic it will recover from Trump".

Once I read that I didn't need to read any more.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Britain is a failed state? BS BS and more BS
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Actually I believe it is. Broken by that SOB Blair and now the failure to deliver BREXIT because of the disconnect between our elected representatives and the electorate absolutely shattered.

On top of that the unwanted and unmandated multicultural experiment that is driving further wedges into our population, another legacy of that arch villain Blair --- it's another list that just goes on and on.

Is Britain a failed state?

Sorry folk, it is and BREXIT is the only craps game in town.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
And what a whiff it is BigBen, so much so I can smell it from here … phwore, that's some stench
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:28 PM

We're fcuked. ..

... nothing new, I've always felt that way about Grand Britannia. I'm too young to remember the glory days ... just post war, post everything.

But we are hugely interesting, everybody loves us, gives me a sense of worth. Thank you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
As extra reading try this article from yesterday (from the SMH Europe Correspondent):

Whispers, betrayal and rebellion: Britain more divided than ever

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...11-p52q2x.html
The people of uk have known all that for years Brucy!
The problem is that the powers that be DONT!
This is the crux of what is taking place in uk right now!
Please refrain from posting any more remainer crap from
Ozz as we have an over suupply of home produced shyte!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Actually I believe it is. Broken by that SOB Blair and now the failure to deliver BREXIT because of the disconnect between our elected representatives and the electorate absolutely shattered.

On top of that the unwanted and unmandated multicultural experiment that is driving further wedges into our population, another legacy of that arch villain Blair --- it's another list that just goes on and on.

Is Britain a failed state?

Sorry folk, it is and BREXIT is the only craps game in town.
United we stand Todgy!
I think l will re-emigrate, what about you?
Regards Donkeyman!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:58 PM

Trade Rules, OK.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top