Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Confused

Lib Dems say they will revoke Article 50 if elected, Labour say if elected they will hold a new Referendum with a couple of simple choices, Television says, get ready for Brexit October 31st, but there are no General Elections between now and 31/10/2019.

Please explain, and make it simple.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Re: Confused

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Lib Dems say they will revoke Article 50 if elected, Labour say if elected they will hold a new Referendum with a couple of simple choices, Television says, get ready for Brexit October 31st, but there are no General Elections between now and 31/10/2019.

Good luck with that Spitty
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Spitty if you are confused its nothing the various parties aren't feeling IMO one is going to ask for a deal then tell the electorate to vote against it. One wants to listen to the people and vote to stop brexit altogether all after wanting a referendum for years. One wants a general election then voted against it. Only one seems to have any purpose that appears to be what we voted for is Boris, and I don't trust him any further than I could throw him.

So you really are not alone in being confused.

One thing does seem unmoveable is we will leave on 31st with or without a deal unless Boris asks for more time and EU might not give him that anyway.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 03:00 PM

I understand the complicated stuff, its the simple stuff I'm struggling with, is we in or out?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 03:00 PM

The LDs and Lab are just talking shyte Spitfire! The rest of
the remainers are trying to revoke or extend ! If we can get
their lordships to think a little slower, ( a difficult task l know )
We have a chance of leaving in october?
Regards Donkeyman!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 03:04 PM

I understand the complicated stuff, its the simple stuff I'm struggling with, is we in or out?
Depends who you speak to Spitty, some people say we have already left as the extensions teresa may had were illegal in themselves. What I can guarantee as night follows day EU will squeeze the very last bit of money out of us they can. So don't expect them to let us go too quickly.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 03:22 PM

There is absolutely zero point in extending beyond 31st October so we will be out with or without some sort of withdrawal bill on that day.

The problem for Labour and the Lib Dems is that the more they dig their heels in for remaining the more likely it is that we leave without a withdrawal agreement anyway.

However, saying that, do we actually still need one ?

I'm not sure we do. So far Dover is ready as well as our other ports, citizens rights are being implemented, open skies are sorted, hauliers and vehicle licenses etc etc.

The Ireland ? ... we just don't have a hard border. We can implement laws that will make it a serious offence to smuggle non-conforming goods as a deterrent and move goods freely between all EU countries and the UK electronically as we do now.

Out we go.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Well, its the Labour Party Conference at the moment, and they are discussing post election Brexit strategy, how does that sit with the current timetable?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 03:44 PM

You are no more confused than I am Spitty, but if Boris can get us out quicker that the rest, he gets my approval no matter what, deal or no deal and we will just have to adapt to the consequences.
Hmmm .. I can feel a tune coming on:- Any deal will do, just do it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
You are no more confused than I am Spitty, but if Boris can get us out quicker that the rest, he gets my approval no matter what, deal or no deal and we will just have to adapt to the consequences.
Hmmm .. I can feel a tune coming on:- Any deal will do, just do it

Yes,a tune....Rule Britannia....how does that bit go? Britain neeeeever eveeeeeer will be slaves..... Mmmm.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top