Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: Indoor hobbies

Go swimming Floydy, gentle exercise down the pool.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I did suggest something similar on another thread or maybe another forum. A dog and a camera actually. Both get me out. But it seems that poor Floydy may not be in a place where he can enjoy the great outdoors to any extent.

Maybe taking up painting would be a possibility?

Don't agree about the dog, Besoeker, sorry.

It is different for you because you are retired - but Floydy isn't. What would happen to the dog once he is back at work again?
It wouldn't be fair to take one on as a crutch just to alleviate temporary boredom, and neither is he well enough to exercise it anyway.

You've got to really love dogs to want one as you know, and I'm sure Floydy would have got a dog long ago if he felt he couldn't live without one.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't agree about the dog, Besoeker, sorry.

It is different for you because you are retired - but Floydy isn't.
I did suggest that a dog and a camera would not be the best choice for him. They are outdoor activities and he is looking for indoor hobbies.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:22 PM

I’ve got it floydy....cooking, take up creating gourmet dishes for you and your family..imagine the look of delight on mrs floydys face as you present her your latest creation, who knows, you could even end up on bake off....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:23 PM

What about writing some short stories Floydy. You seem to be good at writing and funny with it, you could post them on here for us to read.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I did suggest that a dog and a camera would not be the best choice for him. They are outdoor activities and he is looking for indoor hobbies.

Apologies if I misunderstood.
I thought you were suggesting a dog and a camera same as you.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apologies if I misunderstood.
I thought you were suggesting a dog and a camera same as you.
No problem. I think LD's suggestion of writing is a good idea.
Physical exertion is minimal and shouldn't aggravate the hernia.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:32 PM

I have a very complicated zig saw you can have Floydy .

Or how about writing a book !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have a very complicated zig saw you can have Floydy .

Or how about writing a book !
Not one of those baked bean ones I hope. That would drive me insane I think.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 12:02 AM

If you haven't done it before, how about trying family history. Trace your ancestry, it really gets a grip and you can do it at most libraries now (well we can here) .

You can start off on some of the search sites at home on computer , but getting out to a library might just make a change of four walls.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top