Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Re: What sort of Country do you want?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I want the NHS to be like it used to be where you weren't waiting MONTHS for a consultant appointment, where no one waits on trolley beds in hospital corridors, where the waiting time to be seen in A & E isn't 6 and more hours and where we can get to see a doctor quickly without having to worry whether or not there are any appointments left.

I want more money so the force can recruit more police. I want the police, paramedics, doctors, nurses etc to be respected once again.

I want the hard drug dealers dealt with appropriately and be given very STIFF sentences.

I want tighter border control and immigration rules

I want everyone who lives in England to be able to speak English

I want to not have to worry when I'm going to work whether or not my home will be burgled.

I want foreign aid cut and stopped completely in countries that are already rich and the money spent in our own infrastructure

I want the pension age reduced to 60 for both men and women so at least some may have some kind of life before they die. Instead they are putting the pension age up more and more hoping people will pop their clogs before they can claim any pension at all.

I want to not have to live in fear of my 86 year old father walking down the street and worrying in case he gets mugged.

I want to live without fearing that some suicide bomber may cause yet more devastation

I want the burka banned, it offends me as I see it as a sign of oppression.

I want to go to my local market and feel like I am in Britain instead of feeling like a stranger in my own country

I want Brexit to go through

I want Britain to be great again.

I do NOT want Sharia law in this country

As above^^^^^^^

We need to look after Britain FIRST and stop p*ssing our money abroad. We also need to demolish the pc bandwagon. Anyone who disagrees can go and live abroad.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As above^^^^^^^

We need to look after Britain FIRST and stop p*ssing our money abroad. We also need to demolish the pc bandwagon. Anyone who disagrees can go and live abroad.
How could I forget the PC bandwagon, that too!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:39 PM

I want parliament reduced to a number of individuals where any sort of agreement is possible, too many cooks, much spoiled broth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I want parliament reduced to a number of individuals where any sort of agreement is possible, too many cooks, much spoiled broth.
The most efficient way to do this is to just bring back the absolute power of the monarch. That will do away with all this namby pamby democracy nonsense. The monarch can just say "let them eat cake" to any problems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The most efficient way to do this is to just bring back the absolute power of the monarch. That will do away with all this namby pamby democracy nonsense. The monarch can just say "let them eat cake" to any problems.
That's actually what MPs think anyway but they vote on it first.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:48 PM

That is a top down solution, what about a bottom up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is a top down solution, what about a bottom up.
Don't forget the Blue Sky alignment and the Northern Powerhouse.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 02:48 AM

The one I have now
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 05:23 AM

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

It is a discussion we need to have.

Leaving the EU is a Fresh Start, our choice what we do.

I genuinely think that we should concentrate on making life better here, not being a World Player, those days are long gone.

Donkeyman, I am not proposing we give up a Nuclear Deterrent , I am proposing that we have one of our own, not controlled by the USA.

We know exactly where first Nuclear Strikes on the UK will be.

The only European Country with it's own Nuclear Strike Force is France, it is certainly not us.

We are World Leaders in Nuclear Warhead Technology, we need our own missiles to launch them.

Land based missiles, sited at locations of First Strike, give us a huge, low cost advantage.

We can track incoming and respond before they land.

It will devastate House Prices in 5 locations in the UK, but they would be obliterated anyway in a War.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's actually what MPs think anyway but they vote on it first.
Best to shut parliament down and have just one person in charge. They can make sure everyone can both have the cake they want and eat it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top