Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:36 AM

Forgive and forget, or bear a grudge?

If someone has upset you do you move on and get on with your life or will you bear a grudge for years, never talking to that person again? Is it a matter of personal pride verging on the militant to 'not give in'?

I am of the former. I believe life's too short to have grievances and it clears the air to sort out personal issues with someone quickly rather than to sulk and ignore them. Otherwise it stews in my head and gets me frustrated.

I realise there are difference reasons and various levels of why people have problems with one another, but on the whole is it best to get over it sooner rather than later?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:43 AM

Re: Forgive and forget, or bear a grudge?

Once more I find myself mostly in agreement with you, Floydy.

I much prefer to clear the air and I do not bear grudges. I saw what that did to my mother. If someone upset her she would bring it up in every conversation. Not only would she hold the grudge - she expected everyone else to as well. She died a friendless, bitter old woman.

Much better to sort it out at the time and let it go.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:43 AM

I try forgive and forget Floydy but some things are just unforgivable in those cases I have to admit I do cut people out of my life.....life is too short to share or with people you have lost trust in.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:47 AM

I usually forget about it, it all depends how much they have upset me.

example my Sister, I will never forgive her, we haven't spoke now for 2 years and I don't intend to.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:11 AM

'Forgiveness', 'forget' 'turn the other cheek' , these are expressions raised many times before under different topics.

It is surprising how many fail to acknowledge that each individual seems to have a different standard for a different purpose and have exposed themselves many times on 'OFF' in relation to this question
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
'Forgiveness', 'forget' 'turn the other cheek' , these are expressions raised many times before under different topics.

It is surprising how many fail to acknowledge that each individual seems to have a different standard for a different purpose and have exposed themselves many times on 'OFF' in relation to this question
Very true .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Sorry to start a conversation, Puddle Duck
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:20 AM

I bear a grudge, can do that for years. Never with people who apologise, I can forgive them, but if they don't & haven't apologised, then I ignore them. It's been 18 months since I spoke to my next door neighbours. He has never said he was sorry for what he said to me & my daughter.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorry to start a conversation, Puddle Duck
No worries, it's just that we do these thing without thinking about what we are doing.
When we each pay attention to our make up, it is the specific topic that dominates our attitudes, and forgiveness or grudge etc. Therefore we cannot (myself included) cannot make a sweeping statement like we always forgive rather than condemn, because we don't, do we ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:27 AM

Me? I neither forgive or forget.

If someone gives me grief then I'll either just write it off (but never forgive it) or get even irrespective of how long it takes, though I might just write it off after a while.

Forget?

Never.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top