Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 12:52 PM

Spiral ( season 7)

Begins tonight on BBC4 , 9 o clock ,double bill .

Best foreign language (French) series ever .
What's the story?

Parlez vous Francais?

Oui. Un petit peu.

Bien. Then you won't need the subtitles.

For what?

Spiral. The gritty French police procedural returns to BBC Four, tonight, at 9pm. The seventh series opens with a double bill.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Spiral ( season 7)

I shall be watching too Zuleika. I haven't seen all of the previous Spiral series, just a couple but I enjoyed them.

Je ne parle pas français - apart from la plume de ma tante which I learned at school, along with other un-useful phrases

I do like some of these foreign series with sub-titles on BBC4. It's a good job that I am a fast reader though!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Zuleika, I have recorded Spiral.
I really like these foreign serials that are shown on BBC4. I find them far more grittier and thrilling than some of the home grown ones.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, I have recorded Spiral.
I really like these foreign serials that are shown on BBC4. I find them far more grittier and thrilling than some of the home grown ones.
Have watched since Season 1 ,have you Art ?
We don't do anything in comparison .
Without giving anything away about last night the actors have to be fit ,all that running about .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Zuleika, I was trying to think if l had seen any of them before?
I have watched most of the foreign subtitled series before. Spanish, Danish and the French ones. Most have been absolutely brilliant, clever, twisting, in fact all the best ingredients for a really good thriller.

If l haven’t seen the first season, will l still be able to watch this one? Or is it best to watch the other seasons first?

I have Netflix and NowTV, they might be on there?
Zuleika
North West UK

13-10-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, I was trying to think if l had seen any of them before?
I have watched most of the foreign subtitled series before. Spanish, Danish and the French ones. Most have been absolutely brilliant, clever, twisting, in fact all the best ingredients for a really good thriller.

If l haven’t seen the first season, will l still be able to watch this one? Or is it best to watch the other seasons first?

I have Netflix and NowTV, they might be on there?
You definitely won't have a clue Art if you havn't watched the previous seasons ,Spiral isn't one you can pick up on and it's been ongoing since 2013.

ebay has a seller in the UK

New £41.95
Spiral (Engrenages) – Seasons 1-6 DVD French Crime Mystery Thriller

It's on Amazon video but not Prime I'm told .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-10-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You definitely won't have a clue Art if you havn't watched the previous seasons ,Spiral isn't one you can pick up on and it's been ongoing since 2013.

ebay has a seller in the UK

New £41.95
Spiral (Engrenages) – Seasons 1-6 DVD French Crime Mystery Thriller

It's on Amazon video but not Prime I'm told .
Zuleika, Yes, l remember Spiral now because l watched Season 6. It was where the lady detective has a premature baby that is in hospital and she has a fling with her male colleague who stole a gold bar from a criminal’s stash.
It is still available until 31st October.

It was an excellent series. I am just going to watch episode one of this seventh season and l will report back.

Thank You for posting about series 7 as l wouldn’t have known it was on.
I have an Amazon Stick thing here that was my daughters but l don’t think she subscribed to Amazon.
Zuleika
North West UK

13-10-2019, 03:24 PM

The stories and characters are so involved. You’ve missed all about them (and now there’s only Laure and Gilou left from the original team ). especially the delicious looking prosecutor Gregory Fitoussi and his subsequent involvment with Josephine.
There's a good synopsis of all the series on Wiki anyway .

I’m surprised none of the menfolk in here don’t seem to have been following it all these years .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The stories and characters are so involved. You’ve missed all about them (and now there’s only Laure and Gilou left from the original team ). especially the delicious looking prosecutor Gregory Fitoussi and his subsequent involvment with Josephine.
There's a good synopsis of all the series on Wiki anyway .

I’m surprised none of the menfolk in here don’t seem to have been following it all these years .

HaHa, Zuleika. As l don’t know all the names of the characters yet, l thought you were talking about the Judge, Roban as being delicious!
I love, Lt Gilles `Gilou' Escoffier. He’s a funny looking little thing but l think he’s gorgeous! He oozes that ‘something’!

Anyway, so far l really like this series.
Zuleika
North West UK

14-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Judge Roban is such a nice guy ,lonely too I think .
Maybe he will take up with the woman accused of manslaughter ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top