Join for free
Page 49 of 65 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena

Media held beliefs.

The ones that lose the most by the intervention of The West are the likes of The Taliban, losing face, losing their stranglehold on the population.....all corrupt.

If the press were allowed to release some of the film that exists(taken by the military)or some films taken by squaddies I'd bet most sensible people would reconsider their position on this.

Who was it that invested in the production of oil?

Who, with the new found wealth, travelled abroad and enjoyed the trappings of The West?

Who bought cars like Bentley, Rolls-Royce, BMW, Mercedes etc?

Who sent their kids abroad for advanced education?

The list is endless.

Are these the peopkle bombing us?
Of course not, it's those that object to what their countrymen are doing.
They've lost their grip on that society and are trying to regain that hold.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Religion has caused more wars than anything else.

Do I believe ? open question, but I would go and support anyone that needs it such as the funeral Sue and I went to a couple of days ago. Bible thumpers are not religious, they are only out to try and get others to think the way they do
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong Tpin ... I could have got the wrong end of the stick and misunderstood you.

Are you saying Western military intervention has not added to the problems in the Middle East?

Actually, I phrased that badly .. I also meant to include whether our involvement has earned us some 'payback' in terms of terrorists attacks here.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Correct me if I'm wrong Tpin ... I could have got the wrong end of the stick and misunderstood you.

Are you saying Western military intervention has not added to the problems in the Middle East?
No, I'm not saying that, I am not that naive.

What I object to is the wholesale blame game...it's too convenient....yes military intervention has increased the risk but those controlling it are the regime or it's supporters...the minority.

It's statements like the one below that really are the piss take.......the apologist attitude.

There is no doubt about the West's involvement and military intervention in various Muslim countries over many years has caused the present problem world wide.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:14 PM

I see what you mean and get your distinction... and agree.

I don't think our intervention has helped, quite the reverse ... we might just have made ourselves their common enemy but even without us Shia have been killing sunni for hundreds of years.
One just fondly hopes that they'll fight their way to their own extinction. Happy thought ..but not likely.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A meaningless observation
It is the Muslims that ARE terrorists that are the problem.
It has nothing to do with being a Christian good or bad because it was not a Christian or any member of any other other faith bar one that murdered those poor people in Manchester .
No but so called 'Christians' have been responsible for many crimes in the past like the Crusades, and Spanish inquisition.

I believe Hitler claimed to be a Christian!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:16 PM

Move on Tara do you live in a cave ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No but so called 'Christians' have been responsible for many crimes in the past like the Crusades, and Spanish inquisition.

I believe Hitler claimed to be a Christian!
The Crusades????
They started in 1095 for Christ's sake(yes I know)
Are you a Radical?

You are the worst apologist yet....at least some are in the right time period.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Move on Tara do you live in a cave ?

What are you on about?

There is still a lot of evil perpetrated by extremist 'Christians' especially across the pond.

Maybe all decent people should befriend a moderate Muslim, they must be having a ghastly time of it at present. I feel sorry for them, just as I feel sorry for the people who have been killed and maimed by Muslim extremists.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:22 PM

It's the kiddies again on half term

Page 49 of 65 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top