Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Re: New Years Eve?

Originally Posted by Trixybird ->
For years we were content sitting on the sofa in the comfort of our own home.

We were invited to a friends house last New Years Eve, and had a brilliant time, with them and two other couples.

We have had the invite again, so we will probably all be in the hot tub at midnight

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year in advance x
..You are brave Trixy I would feel most awkward sitting in a swimsuit in close proximity to other bodies drinking and being jolly, guess I have been alone too long .

Have a good time Trixy x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Staying at home now! I loved Ne'erdys when I was little growing up in Govan - that was "our" time! We always celebrated it. Mum would make steak pie and Dad would have the calendar ready to hang at midnight - we would open the door and the windows - to let the old year out and the new one in! After dinner, we would then go down to the neighbours below us (we lived in a tenement building on the top storey) and we would take down a bottle of Scotch whisky, black bun, shortbread, a lump of coal some salt and Dad would go first - as he was tall, dark and handsome (well he was) as the first foot! Then the party would start, one of the other neighbours would play the Scottish dance music - on his mouth organ first, then the radio would play Jimmy Shand and his band, we would still be dancing at 8 am next morning! Sometimes, the local bobbies would come up during the night for a wee hauf and join in the dancing!

I loved it! Never bothered with it when we moved out here!! I did love it when I was a "wean"

I do hope everyone will enjoy the Bells, whatever you do!!
Elsbells
Suffolk
Elsbells is female  Elsbells has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 09:11 PM

I'll be at my friend Lynns.........just as I was over Christmas.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Will be at home with my Hatti girl-used to go bed before midnight until a couple of years ago when I found that if I stayed up with TV on Hatti doesn't go daft when they let all the fireworks off at 12......

Whatever you all may be doing, hope you have a good night.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Fireworks aren't a tradition here in Washington on New Years. I know it really bothers some dogs; cats don't seem to mind them. At least none of mine ever have.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Just my hubby and I and our mini Schnauzer New Years Eve, we have a little party between us, just a few nibbles etc (not for the dog though) to see the New Year in and we'll probably go to bed at about 2.00 am. We usually watch Jools Holland.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 11:18 PM

off to a bikers party, im hoping this time ill remember it. lol but doubt it some how.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 01:40 AM

Staying at home with my little doggie - waiting for her goin ballistic..
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
D'oh! Another illusion shattered
Sorry x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top