Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aafak
The Black Country
Aafak is male 

28-04-2016, 10:23 AM

Re: Garages

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I used to diligently store my car every night without fail and I believe that more than anything else allowed me to keep the car in good shape for 15 years. Things moved on though and once I became savvy on prepping/long term food storage and basic sensible precautions for any kind of national disaster, I knew I needed the space. So now the garage has modulated shelving and lots of plastic boxes all containing a variety of long term food and other necessities (ask yourself how long you could survive without toilet paper if the shops run dry !!!!).
You cannot be serious They wash their bums in Japan and that is good enough for me.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 10:34 AM

(ask yourself how long you could survive without toilet paper if the shops run dry !!!!).

get a Bidet
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 10:42 AM

What's a garage?
I don't think I have one.....I do have big storage room with a very big door on the side of my house so may be I could use that as one.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:04 AM

We have an integral garage, but there is no room in it for a car, it's full of other stuff. Mostly mine & my Daughters.
When we moved here it was used for the car, but our 'stuff' just seemed to take it over as the years went by. There is just about space in it to read the meters, but we do have to move things around when the men come to read them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Recently had these electric doors installed both alarmed as well. The previous owner had a big camper van (now reduced door height) hence the big door. Also I put up a couple of lantern type security lights on a sensor each

Total length of the garage is about 48 ft long enough for 2 cars end to end and the other for one car with workshop behind
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:02 PM

We have a Garage, it houses my summer car, the garage is detached, but, that is understandable, having witnessed the main house having lots of cash, and love lavished on it, and, only ever having it's roof re-felted, it is no surprise it feels isolated.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:11 PM

The last house had a massive garage well it used to be a black smiths shop but now we have a house in town and a town sized garage which means you can park in it and get out of the car but only if you are a very good driver and super skinny.

OH uses it to store tools, do his projects and recently as his brewery!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
The last house had a massive garage well it used to be a black smiths shop but now we have a house in town and a town sized garage which means you can park in it and get out of the car but only if you are a very good driver and super skinny.

OH uses it to store tools, do his projects and recently as his brewery!
Good use for it, but doesn't he have a shed for that?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I used to put the car into the garage when I had a nosy neighbour who always came round if she knew I was in. Since she left we cant put the car away as it is so full junk that we are too lazy to take to the tip.
Oh 'ec that must have been a nightmare Cedronella, was she a curtain twitcher too
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aafak ->
You cannot be serious They wash their bums in Japan and that is good enough for me.
Originally Posted by Doctor
get a Bidet
You obviously haven't watched properly the various disasters that have hit the world and indeed the UK. For example when there is widespread flooding, all the muck and sewage comes up through the toilets and sinks and the water supplies become contaminated.

In a WTSHTF scenario, your ability to produce your own potable clean water will be No 1 priority and using it to clean your back side will definitely be a no no, you will need every drop to drink and cook with.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top