Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Re: THE fashion forward look for those OVER fifty in winter? Spotted in ny!

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Luv your wit SF.
...a man of few words but a lot of wit
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 12:59 AM

Lulu - take no notice of these elderly unfashionistas. You're fully entitled to your view and your interest in life.

I'm 70 and still interested in fashion and still buy stylish - not necessarily the latest fashion - clothes, which these days don't have to be expensive. I had to "dress up" for my job all my life and I guess it stays with you. I like to see older people stylishly dressed - I think it demonstrates a continuing interest in the new which is good for you.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 08:33 AM

Lulu I am nearly 70 and I still go out looking good. I wouldn't be seen dead in Jeans or looking untidy. Being retired its one thing you have time to do - get yourself ready - so love having my trendy clothes on. I wouldn't wear anything short nowadays as my legs are not as good as they were but have some lovely tops and skirts. I find I don't feel comfortable in dresses nowadays. I couldn't see a photo on your post though unless I am going blind
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 09:51 AM

I hope I don't look too untidy but fashion leaves me cold, much prefer to look individual. Having said that when you walk dogs 3 times a day and work as a cleaner I have my moments of untidiness
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=jaywalker;392398]Lulu - take no notice of these elderly unfashionistas. You're fully entitled to your view and your interest in life.
I'm 70 and still interested in fashion and still buy stylish - not necessarily the latest fashion - clothes, which these days don't have to be expensive. I had to "dress up" for my job all my life and I guess it stays with you. I like to see older people stylishly dressed - I think it demonstrates a continuing interest in the new which is good for you.[/QUOTE]

Of course Lulu in entitled to her view, nobody has suggested otherwise Jaywalker.
As far as having a "continuing interest in the new"? You can still be interested "in the new" as you call it without it having to refer to clothes. For example I love books, so I am interested in new books written. and I'm am interested in the newest developments in dog diets, or varieties of roses and other shrubs being bred each year. See what I mean? Just because I have not the slightest interest in high fashion, doesn't mean I have no "continuing interest in the new".
Each to their own, and that's the way it needs to be.
(From an elderley unfashionist!)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A dead horse.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:21 AM

I consider myself extremely stylish. A man in quality pjs and dressing gown can be an imposing figure. Only 100% cotton for me though.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:22 AM

I have never been interested in fashion - I've always seen it as something for those who can't decide for themselves. In fact, as a teenager and to this very day, I tend to not buy certain types of clothing simply because it's been deemed as fashionable and I can't bear the thought of being a sheep.

I've always bought what suits me and what flatters me. Never had any complaints about my appearance either. When maxi skirts were the fashion, I wore mini skirts. When mini skirts came back, I wore maxi skirts.

I love jeans if they are teamed with a good jacket and boots - jeans can be dressed up or down.

Fashion slave? No, I prefer to look as good as I can and fashion doesn't always do that for women.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:23 AM

I don't need clothes to look good ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A dead horse.

Is it edible???

I too was never a fashionista - preferring comfort to fashion. I dress to be comfortable.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top