Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

buenas dias all. A cold damp morning here and I'm currently debating with myself whether to go to the market today or tomorrow, I'll make my mind up within the hour. I need to get a birthday present for Mr Clumsy, silly man, fancy having a birthday two days before Christmas day ! Last night I was chasing our basura men (refuse collectors), I always like to give them something because they are exceptionally pleasant, never ever leave any mess, they sweep up and pick up anything they manage to drop on the road, so we usually give them a big tin of quality street, or similar, so they can much whilst working. Then it was chasing our security man, Francisco, he always gets a bottle of whisky, I gave him wine and chocolates for our lady security, Marie Jose, they work in shifts and they are invaluable people, they sort out any problems, liaise with the police, if necessary, act as postmen, patrol the area day and night and one phone call and they are with you, wonderful people. Our visitors were late leaving last night but it was a good visit. They were long time friends in UK, Mr Clumsy had known the woman all his life and I had known the man all my life. They were our first visitors when we moved here and a couple of years later they bought a house within walking distance of us and moved here too. The husband was an engineer and sorted out the new space age boiler in no time, so now Mr Clumsy knows which buttons to press and how many times (I hope !). Just as an aside, still no reply from customer services at Baxi UK, I'm not at all impressed, good job I sent the same email to Baxi in Madrid, who sent me the English manual so quickly I can hardly believe it. I've now made my mind up and will go to the market today. Have a nice day all and Feliz Navidad to everyone.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 11:22 AM

Happy Saturday from me too
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Good morning all, a nice cold sunny day here, God I feel guilty of something saying that. I don't know what the wife has on the cards for today, but I know she has something on or somewhere for us to go, all the signs are there, I hope it's not visiting relations again, she likes to spring it on you at the last minute, time will tell.
Take care and stay safe Folks.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:37 PM

Yep happy Saturday everyone.
Mine will be happy once Boro beat Millwall tonight.

Desperate times call for desperate measures..
Pray for them brothers and sisters, they need all the help they can get..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Don't forget tomorrow the 22nd at 4pm folks, I'm getting the needle because I can't find the thread.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Afternoon everyone,we had some rain this morning but been lovely Sunny day since.
Ive been into Town had to pick up a few things, not too bad either no pushing /shoving..
Have a good Saturday afternoon all..

Shazy..
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:25 PM

Oh Alan, we live just a couple of miles from where your picture is taken and walk along there quite often with our dog. It's a lovely place.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:49 PM

Afternoon all.

Its been pouring of rain and wind all day, what a miserable day. Went to take my Mum out at Romford shopping centre. My Mum was really hard work this morning, I know its her dementia but the rubbish she comes out with and telling me that people are going into her flat and eating all her food and taking her money, it's so sad to know my Mum has gone like this.

Back home now, my neighbours are coming in later for a drink and exchange pressies.

Susie xx
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good morning all, a nice cold sunny day here, God I feel guilty of something saying that. I don't know what the wife has on the cards for today, but I know she has something on or somewhere for us to go, all the signs are there, I hope it's not visiting relations again, she likes to spring it on you at the last minute, time will tell.
Take care and stay safe Folks.
And so you should, Jem That's two days now that you seem to have the only sun in Ireland...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Don't forget tomorrow the 22nd at 4pm folks, I'm getting the needle because I can't find the thread.
It's on this section, Jem, called 'Just Read Below'.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top