Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 08:57 AM

21 December

Yay! Days will start to get longer again after today!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:00 AM

Re: 21 December

Originally Posted by orangutan ->

Yes Ania darlin' - but there's a long way to go before we're able to sun bathe again.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Im off to my local stone circle later to celebrate the winter solstice. (supermarket)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Ania darlin' - but there's a long way to go before we're able to sun bathe again.
Sun bathe? What's that? I'd just be happy to be able to walk the dog in daylight without getting soaked and blown away!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im off to my local stone circle later to celebrate the winter solstice. (supermarket)
Rather you than my Nom
...mind you don't end up on the alter as a sacrifice
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:24 AM

OK, so we've reached the winter solstice but it will be another month before you notice any change in the length of the day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Yes !!! always a day of celebration for me on the long cold road to spring ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:13 PM

I can't wait for March to arrive - then we'll know that we've seen the back of winter - for a while.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:19 PM

It's lovely and sunny here again today Ania, bitter cold but the bit of sun helps, love to be able to send it down to you. The West always gets the blunt of the Atlantic bad weather, I remember our schoolmaster used to point that out to us on the map, see how the West coast is all chopped up and the East coast smooth, and many thanks for shielding dear old Dublin.
Wexford is supposed to be the sunniest county, I would agree with that I love staying there. Think of the advantages you have compared to living in a big city, fresh air and open spaces, real organic food, good soil for growing all sorts of things, whereas I have to but up with poisonous fumes from cars, busses, and trucks, dogs barking through the night, people calling to the door two and three times a day trying to flog you something, I could go on, but the bottom line is I would sooner be where you are given the choice. I think January-Feduary are the two worst months of the year, when they are over you can really get cracking on your garden, happy days ahead.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:35 PM

Sun bathe? What's that? I'd just be happy to be able to walk the dog in daylight without getting soaked and blown away!

Hear hear Ania, something to look forward to in the not too distant future.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top