Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Stitches don't stop me running!!!!!

After a traumatic 2 weeks with the Hatti girl, my head is cleared and things are definitely looking up-at last!

Have mentioned previously Hatti's problem with her bladder & crystals etc., things went from bad to worse. She ended up having a kidney and bladder scan. Kidneys were fine but problem with bladder. A suction biopsy by catheter was done and sent off to Lab. for analysis-results didn't appear good-pointing to bladder cancer and further biopsies were needed. She was then operated on and a further three biopsies from her bladder were sent off. Results came back mid-week, and a great relief, no cancer. She has severe chronic haemorrhagic cystits with extensive ulceration of her bladder!!! Vet is now blasting her with 2 strong antibiotics, anti-inflammatory tablets and anti-inflammatory injections. She was not good after op, and to top it all, one side of her tummy swelled up along with one of her legs - The tissues were retaining fluid because of her not moving around, the swellings are now disappearing.

Today has been her best day, and don't I know it!!!!! Two lots of internal stitches and external stitches didn't stop her from taking a flying leap out of the back door with a ball, charging round the garden then back in to do it all again-what she didn't realise was I had shut the door quickly so she ran straight into it and nearly knocked herself out
Was sure she would have burst her stitches-thankfully no signs of that.

Have decided now that the safest way forward is to take her out for a couple of strolls a day-she can't do much damage on a lead walk.

In spite of all this, its wonderful to see her getting back to her normal self and once stitches out we'll be off again on our walks.........
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 08:49 PM

Re: Stitches don't stop me running!!!!!

So, so glad she is improving, and at least you have a definitive diagnosis.

Hope she continues to do well.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda ->
So, so glad she is improving, and at least you have a definitive diagnosis.

Hope she continues to do well.
Thank you Wanda-being positive that the treatment she's on is going to work!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 09:11 PM

Glad she's getting well and I wish her speedy full recovery soon
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

19-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Thank you Azz....keeping her calm and steady is my challenge at the moment!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 10:00 PM

I didn't realise Hattie had been so ill, Merz ......so pleased she is on the mend now, it must have been so worrying for you.

I hope she goes from strength to strength...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

19-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I didn't realise Hattie had been so ill, Merz ......so pleased she is on the mend now, it must have been so worrying for you.

I hope she goes from strength to strength...
Thank you Mags. She was doing really well up to 2 weeks ago and then everything went wrong. I was going to put post on here, but was backwards and forwards to the Vets nearly every day and thought that I would wait until definite diagnosis was made. Was very worrying but think we're on the right road now. She has a check up next Friday, so I'll be updating with her progress.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2010, 01:26 AM

Very best of luck with Hatti.. Hope she's back to full heath asap xx
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

20-06-2010, 09:21 PM

Thank you Cassie-can't wait to go out walking with her again once stitches are out. Hope you and your mum are doing ok.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 07:51 AM

Goodness merz !
It sounds as though you are on the road to recovery now, so all the best to you and Hatti

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top