Join for free
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 02:50 PM

Rose problem

Think my some of my roses have black spot? Any remedies or do I have to buy something
Thanx
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 07:25 PM

Re: Rose problem

I think you will have to spray them Sweep. You cana buy the all in one sprays such as Roseclear and this should help. My roses are due for a spray - I think the hot weather makes the blackspot worse.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 07:56 PM

You need a fungicide. And cut off all the affected parts and burn them, as the disease can spread from prunings or even fallen leaves.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Try here sweep for your answer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/advic...ose_black_spot
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 11:06 PM

I didn't think blackspot was so serious - must pick up all the leaves when I spray.
Talking of rose leaves - has anyone found that their roses are losing their leaves. Flowers are OK but getting blown - I have put down the loss of leaf to the hot weather we are having. What do others think.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:27 AM

It could be that the plant is short on water. If the leaves are at the bottom remember that they are the oldest leaves and would normally drop off first.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:27 AM

One of the reasons why I don't really like roses, the bush not the flower, I can't keep on top of all the pests and diseases they seem to have so I live with them, when inevitably they give up I replace it with something else. I've found the Species roses are the least trouble free, they also have wonderful perfume.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2010, 09:41 PM

We have mostly David Austin Roses which to date have been disease free, this year though they have flowered more than ever but are blowing quicker I have had a bucket of dead heads every night for the last 2 weeks but if you keep them well fed we feed with manure (horse) rooster pellets and rose food it makes the plant stand up to attack a lot better we do have 3 older bushes they are about 20 years old now (Doris Tystermann) they are prone to rust we spray with a sestemic fungicide twice in the season now and it seems to keep it under control also in the spring we put a mulch under them as this stops any spores that are in the ground splashing back up them in wet weather ...They say if you live in a heavily industrialised place you don't get black spot as the polution in the air kills it...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top