Join for free
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2010, 07:58 AM

The Great Inertia Sector:

In his emergency Budget this week, Chancellor George Osborne announced he was cutting public sector expenditure by 25 per cent. Unions have declared the cuts irresponsible. But are they? Here, one employee for a large inner London authority lifts the lid on the culture of inertia and incompetence at his workplace. The Mail knows the true identity of the man - a graduate who has been a planning officer for eight years. But to protect his job, he is writing under an assumed name.

http://bit.ly/bt5dfi
Makes you wonder, so now we know why getting planning permission for anything takes so long, although to be far this is only one London authority, does it happen elsewhere?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Re: The Great Inertia Sector:

I used to do a lot of work for the council and every time I had to go into the offices there were always lots of empty desks and people on the sick so it is just the same everywhere I think.
In fact two of the lads in the engineering office had time off regularly until they had managed to set up their own design business and then the quit the council.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top