Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 11:12 PM

Bottle of Whiskey - what would you do?

I went to do my shop at Tesco and bought a litre bottle of whiskey. When I got home I checked my till receipt and found I had not been charged for the whiskey.

What would you do
a) Take it back to the shop
b) Say nothing and give it to hubby
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Re: Bottle of Whiskey - what would you do?

I'd donate the money to my favourite charity instead - maybe one of the ones that looks out for farmers, like fairtrade
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2010, 11:52 PM

Hic!! Whazzat you shay???

No, seriously, I'd probably take the receipt in with you the next time you shop there and tell a manager. Chances are they'll tell you to forget it. I haven't had that happen in store as I keep an eye on the register when they're ringing things. But when I've gotten something in my delivery that I neither ordered nor was charged for I've e-mailed them and they usually say it would be more trouble for the delivery van to come back, so just keep it.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:13 AM

Well I'm ashamed to say I'd do nothing. No I'm not a thief or I guess I am, not proud of it but I know I'd be to lazy to do anything about it.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:14 AM

I would do as Dandysmom says.

We once got charged double for 24 bottles of Stella and they apologised and gave us our money back so we got the bottles for nothing.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 08:57 AM

I would do as Dandysmom has suggested. Tesco will probably not take the money from you for being an honest shopper!

Guid luck - hope you enjoy your wee dram o' whisky!!
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 09:07 AM

My husband works in food distribution and the waste and dumping (of slight damaged food etc) is absolute criminal, a big multi million pound supermarket will NOT miss one bottle of plonk, trust me
But if you feel you must own up then go back and tell them..

June x
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 11:15 AM

I feel the same as June 1958. I worked at Asda briefly a number of years ago and was shocked at the total waste of good food.

I have little sympathy for big supermarkets, they rip off their suppliers so they can post ever bigger profits. Fair trade but not for UK suppliers!

But it's up to you and your conscience really.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Just tell youself that the cost to a supermarket of changing the till records now would be more than the profit they lost. So by doing nothing you are saving them money
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2010, 02:59 PM

I'd grin and open it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top