Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Is It Time.

Is it time we moved towards banning the use of animals as objects of sport and entertainment.?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 09:40 AM

Re: Is It Time.

When i watched the Grand National , there was a Horse that went down over one of the jumps , it laid there flat out . Im not sure whether it died but I thought what a cruel way to go .
Watching the horse's come in lathered with sweat didn't seem right and the jockeys whipping them to win . All wrong to me .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 09:43 AM

It's long overdue. Any use of an animals for our entertainment is wrong in my opinion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 09:57 AM

Hi

Keep your hands off my fishing.

Mind you, we could ban keeping cats and dogs in houses, a totally unnatural thing to do.

Have you ever seen a cat or a dog build a house to live in?

Thought not.

One of my neighbours is an avid RSPB type, yet she has three cats which commit wholesale murder of the birds I spend so much on attracting to my garden.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Is it time we moved towards banning the use of animals as objects of sport and entertainment.?

Yes , because where there is sport and entertainment involving animals there is always cruelty involved . There should never be cruelty to animals for any reason .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Have you ever heard a fish say 'Mm, these hooks don't hurt at all, I think I'll stick one through my cheek'. No, I didn't think so.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Absolutly, long overdue.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:19 AM

A good idea in theory but how would you enforce it?
If you banned zoos and circuses, some children would never have seen a wild animal in real life.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A good idea in theory but how would you enforce it?
If you banned zoos and circuses, some children would never have seen a wild animal in real life.
We are surrounded by wild animals Art, just go to a wood, beach even an urban garden. Circuses now seem to have toned back their use of animals, and zoos have attempted to improve and stimulate their captives. But the question asked is it right to use them for entertainment or sport.

Pensthorpe in Norfolk is a good example of a site that educates and informs without abuse. They have also created a very large area devoted to natural wildlife.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Curbing people like Prince William and his shotgun would be a start.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top