Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Garages

Have you got one and do you actually put a car in it?

Looking at some new properties and the size of the garages, a car would probably never fit in one anyway.

Every house I've lived in, bar one, had a garage and I can honestly say my car never went in it.

They've been used to store furniture that I don't know what to do with, d-i-y stuff, plant pots, gardening stuff, garden furniture, old CDs and DVDs, old clothes before they went to charity shops - just about anything. But never the car
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 04:43 PM

Re: Garages

Yes I've got one and we put the car in it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 04:45 PM

We never used our garage for the car either Pesta. So we converted part of it into a room to store all books, records, cds etc. and part of it became the utility room housing the washing machine and fridge freezer. We also put in an attic space where we store the Christmas and Halloween stuff. To lighten it up we had a sky light installed.

The driveway will take three cars easily so did not need the garage.

It is still a space where we sometimes put stuff until we decide what to do with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Yes I have a garage but I don't use it for the car.
I tried once years ago and having got the car into the garage I couldn't open the doors so had to drive out again.
This house built in the 70's was supposed to be the last of four semi's but the builder decided to squeeze in one single house so lopped a bit of my garage to fit it in

My garage is neat and tidy containing cupboards of spare cleaning products purchased when they were on offer, garden tools and a dog trimming table.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:07 PM

Had a garage for 25 years and rarely put the car in it. Now I have no garage and no drive, I would kill for one.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes I have a garage but I don't use it for the car.
I tried once years ago and having got the car into the garage I couldn't open the doors so had to drive out again.

This house built in the 70's was supposed to be the last of four semi's but the builder decided to squeeze in one single house so lopped a bit of my garage to fit it in

My garage is neat and tidy containing cupboards of spare cleaning products purchased when they were on offer, garden tools and a dog trimming table.

Yes, I've heard that before about being able to get the car in but not being able to open the doors. Ludicrous isn't it?

And as for having a neat and tidy garage, I wouldn't expect anything else from you Meg
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:11 PM

i got a garage attached to the house,so half of it is now a utility room and toilet,,other half ride on mower and work bench,the drive is big enough for the car
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:11 PM

I don't have a garage but I dooooooo want one.
A nice big one, but not necessarily for sticking a car in. It would also add value to my property and tidy-up the end of the garden.

Searched online quite a bit but haven't found exactly what I want. It has to look pleasant when viewed from the house
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes I have a garage, attached to the house. I have my tumble dryer at one end and the rest of it is empty. In the winter I put the car in there, in the summer I don't. Mind you I only have a small car, if I had a big one I doubt I would be able to get it in.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:16 PM

My insurance company asked if I had a Garage for my Car and I said yes, which is true. Fact is, it is too small, used for garden tools and at the bottom of very steep drive, so the car never goes in it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top