Join for free
Page 61 of 65 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena

Originally Posted by Judd ->
On a happier note, Ariana Grande and others are doing a benefit concert at Old Trafford this Sunday (4th June). She's offering free tickets to those who were at The Arena if they register.

Included in the line-up are Justin Bieber, Coldplay and Katy Perry. An additional concert is being staged at Old Trafford cricket ground wher the line-up will be Take That, Miley Cyrus and Pharrell. Visitors are requested not to take any bags withy them.

Both events are expected to raise £2M for the We Love Manchester fund.

Let us hope that security is locked down tight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40086336
A timely contribution from Judd to get this thread back on track .... thanks Judd.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:44 PM

So did I
Did you really expect it to be a case of RIP and commiserations?

Surely not.

Our country was attacked, my city was attacked and 22 innocent people died....I'd have been pretty upset had this thread not become so passionate.

I see the children of Baghdad don't deserve the same attention....maybe we should be more concerned at the lack of attention given to that thread?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Did you really expect it to be a case of RIP and commiserations?

Surely not.

Our country was attacked, my city was attacked and 22 innocent people died....I'd have been pretty upset had this thread not become so passionate.

I see the children of Baghdad don't deserve the same attention....maybe we should be more concerned at the lack of attention given to that thread?
No, but I didn't expect it to be used as vehicle for a slanging match.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
fancy the job?
I am not a mod.............and wouldn't want the job thanks.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
This was about 22 who people who died.

And ended up with members over 30 pages scoring points over each other.

You all disgust me
The OP was about the sad, tragic event at Manchester and rightly discussed. However, perhaps point scoring might not be the correct terminology to use. A certain member of this forum decided to take it upon themselves to call others racist, just because some of us have an opinion that doesn't fall within the remit of that person. We, the rational thinking, tolerant members of this forum, have a right to offer counter claims to this persons vitriolic outbursts. It is not about 'point scoring' it is about having a free debate, offering ones opinion, in a democratic country.
If we all disgust you, perhaps you could, or , perhaps, should, offer a solution.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:19 PM

No, but I didn't expect it to be used as vehicle for a slanging match.
That's how most passionate discussions turn out, unfortunately.

I, for one, thank you for posting this thread....it's been lively that's for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
The OP was about the sad, tragic event at Manchester and rightly discussed. However, perhaps point scoring might not be the correct terminology to use. A certain member of this forum decided to take it upon themselves to call others racist, just because some of us have an opinion that doesn't fall within the remit of that person. We, the rational thinking, tolerant members of this forum, have a right to offer counter claims to this persons vitriolic outbursts. It is not about 'point scoring' it is about having a free debate, offering ones opinion, in a democratic country.
If we all disgust you, perhaps you could, or , perhaps, should, offer a solution.
Well said gasman. Like others I'm out of this thread now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:46 PM

the op was about the sad, tragic event at manchester and rightly discussed. However, perhaps point scoring might not be the correct terminology to use. A certain member of this forum decided to take it upon themselves to call others racist, just because some of us have an opinion that doesn't fall within the remit of that person. We, the rational thinking, tolerant members of this forum, have a right to offer counter claims to this persons vitriolic outbursts.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2017, 10:51 PM

On a happier note, Ariana Grande and others are doing a benefit concert at Old Trafford this Sunday (4th June). She's offering free tickets to those who were at The Arena if they register.

Included in the line-up are Justin Bieber, Coldplay and Katy Perry. An additional concert is being staged at Old Trafford cricket ground wher the line-up will be Take That, Miley Cyrus and Pharrell. Visitors are requested not to take any bags withy them.

Both events are expected to raise £2M for the We Love Manchester fund.

Let us hope that security is locked down tight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40086336
Miss Grande was so moved by this cover of her song she has invited The Parrswood High School choir to perform with her.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Well considering Islam and Muslims are not a race I think you can be assured that member has no idea what real racism is and just rise above it and ignore it may be the better way. At least them those who actually want to discuss can. She's right real racism isn't pretty but I'd suggest it's not evil it's just ill informed people who likely haven't met many of different races. The anti Muslim posts IMO are born of fear and not having lived among Muslims in this country's not been in their homes and they into theirs. That's all it is nothing evil about it unless they raise a fist against a human being then I think they've crossed a line into being thuggish idiot and I really don't see any of our members as even thinking of doing that.

Page 61 of 65 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top