Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 09:48 PM

North Cyprus Part 2

One has returned. Verdict? Hotel very good, food excellent, weather diabolical. Thunder and lightning for three days on the trot. Even had to buy an umbrella! Kyrenia where we were, was quite scenic. Went to Nicosia, both sides, not that impressive. Famagusta was more attractive, not quite so noisy.The way to get about is sharing the local taxis, or Dolmus's, very reasonable, rather than the horrendously overpriced excursions on offer from the travel company. Would I go again? No, simply because the flight by Onur Air (Turkish Airline) was not great. Had to land in Turkey for an hour going and coming back, and the seats were a joke. You needed a bloody shoehorn to get in. If your'e tall and on the big side, I would'nt bother. Glad to get home and get the better weather you lot have been having! PS. put a few snaps on my profile.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Re: North Cyprus Part 2

What a stroke of bad luck John, I would think when in Cyprus you could depend on good weather. The snaps look great, the pair of you are very relaxed, is that your black dog looking into the sea?, Good food and hotel, at least you got well fed in comfort and home in one piece, once bitten is twice shy.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
What a stroke of bad luck John, I would think when in Cyprus you could depend on good weather. The snaps look great, the pair of you are very relaxed, is that your black dog looking into the sea?, Good food and hotel, at least you got well fed in comfort and home in one piece, once bitten is twice shy.
Jem, I think that dog was a stray, although it had a tag on its ear. Maybe it was the black dog of doom! Bit like the black clouds that seemed to be everywhere.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Bad luck about the weather, John ...... Cyprus is said to have approximately 326 days of sunshine a year and you were unfortunate to choose one of the bad weeks!

Glad you had a good hotel anyway. I've never been north of the island but will take note of your findings if we ever visit Cyprus again

Good to have you back!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 03:31 PM

Sorry to hear it didn't go too well John, but the weather can let you down anywhere... Cyprus is a beautiful place with lovely people, might it be worth giving it another go sometime?

But anyway, good to see you back in one piece after travelling Air Turkey....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 07:35 PM

John matey,

Don't give up - Cyprus is a beautiful island - there are some photos that I took on my profile too. You were unlucky with the weather - it was magnificent when I was there in September as you'll see from my photos.

As to the problem with the flights - come to the Greek side of the island and much further West - I was in Paphos - a lovely part of the island.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

23-11-2011, 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear you had bad weather John. Good photos though, thanks for posting.

Now you are back, a stroll down the Sincil Bank area should buck you up a bit and get you back to reality.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

23-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Sorry to hear you had bad weather John. Good photos though, thanks for posting.

Now you are back, a stroll down the Sincil Bank area should buck you up a bit and get you back to reality.
Hammer, you've got to be winding me up! Got back Saturday to hear Wrexham had won 2-0. At home this Sat. against Ebbsfleet. One is not going to bother, busy washing one's hair. Your lot are flying. Thinking about going down Sports Direct for a claret and blue strip!.Watched Turkey play Croatia on TV in Cyprus both times. No surprise Hiddink got the tintack, the turks were terrible, lost the 1st leg at home 3-0. Good to be back though, no place like home.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

24-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Nah then John, you have to support them in the bad times as well as the good.
It will get better, it has to. That said, I remember saying much the same about our lot when we were called Thames Ironworks.

One thing has changed, we never had lasses like these about the Boleyn when I were but a lad.
West Ham United
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

24-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Just glad your lot are called the Hammers, instead of the Irons! Now that for you London boys, would be a step too far! Right the Imps, as the Sergeant Major in its Not alf hot mum used to say,"Oh dear, what a shame, never mind".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top