Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Re: Rillington Place

We didn't bother either, not our idea of entertainment.....
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 09:54 AM

Don't watch tv but I have to say it is so annoying that these days all that ever gets on the box and in cimemas is old remakes. Mostly badly done imo .It just goes to show the lack of imagination out there for making new storylines.

Back to Rillington Place I loved the original by Attenborough and Hurt. I will never forget Hurt saying "It was Christie that did it".
Classic movie one of the all time greats, its just a pity it was based on a real life murderer.

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 10:23 AM

I assumed the man who brought Ethel back was her brother...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 10:45 AM

Didn't want to watch it it's so horrible .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Don't watch tv but I have to say it is so annoying that these days all that ever gets on the box and in cimemas is old remakes. Mostly badly done imo .It just goes to show the lack of imagination out there for making new storylines.

Back to Rillington Place I loved the original by Attenborough and Hurt. I will never forget Hurt saying "It was Christie that did it".
Classic movie one of the all time greats, its just a pity it was based on a real life murderer.

I agree. That version was the best. Excellent acting and well produced. I recorded it and have watched it several times now over the years. Still as good as ever, and I don't think it will be bettered by this new version.

I watched the first episode of this new series and thought it was good, although a little slow. There is one more episode and the Welsh couple have just turned up, so I expect things will now speed up.

As for the sound, I'm afraid it's becoming commonplace these days, on all channels, that the dialogue is not very clear. Why they can't get this right I do not know, especially as it was never a problem in the past.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Missed the first episode and last night I was struggling to tell what Christie or his wife were saying and my hearing is perfect. The mumbling is annoying but, that said, it was ok..ish. The dark house was something else ... I'm surprised old Reg managed to find anybody, much less kill them!!!
As others have said, not a patch on the film with John Hurt.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Missed the first episode and last night I was struggling to tell what Christie or his wife were saying and my hearing is perfect. The mumbling is annoying but, that said, it was ok..ish. The dark house was something else ... I'm surprised old Reg managed to find anybody, much less kill them!!!
As others have said, not a patch on the film with John Hurt.
I am glad I didn't bother with it then, I have trouble hearing things when they are not mumbling
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 09:25 PM

I was going to watch it, but after the first five minutes gave up.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:50 AM

IT was on, but I found it dull as dishwater

So dark and quiet, I didn't feel the tension or suspense
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
IT was on, but I found it dull as dishwater

So dark and quiet, I didn't feel the tension or suspense
I rather hope that might be coming in the next (final) episode.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top