Join for free
Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:10 AM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups is a long term, well liked member of this forum. She only posts on serious threads if she has an opinion that she wants to share.
Zaphod, you are relatively new here so maybe you don't yet understand the normal posting etiquette, so let me help you.....
1) Be careful how you word your posts, because the rule is to attack the post not the poster.
2) If your post really does upset another poster, wouldn't an apology be the way to deal with it? This is a friendly site and I have seen many apologies from people who have inadvertently upset somebody...... maybe that is why we have such respect for other members
3) You are entitled to have your own opinions, and share them,just like everyone else. All I am asking is that you word them in a way that doesn't upset others.
Twink, To be fair to Zaphod, l am of the same opinion about people taking it upon themselves to give me their random hugs when l haven’t requested them. Is it any wonder viruses become pandemic and germs are spread.

I posted, similar to what Zaphod said in another thread and l got slaughtered for it.

We all have different opinions, it would be a funny old world if we were all nodding donkeys...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh simple and arrogant nit. An apology off you wouldn't have gone amiss. You did go rather overboard and morph into a rottweiler in attack mode.
An apology?
And another unwarranted personal attack, "arrogant nit" indeed!
An apology like the one Mups might have given for starting this with accusations?
If you didn't like my "rottweiler in attack mode" why do you like that of Mups where I am clearly attacked myself with the original "I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.
Bear in mind that I posted the photos originally.
Nothing hypocratical there at all then.

I "get" that Mups is a respected and long-standing member.
However if you're going to live in a glass house .........

Now personally I'm quite happy to see an end to this ridiculous ping-pong of allegations and an end to the nastiness.

It was not my intent to provoke such serious disagreement and ill-feeling but that said please remember that it is only right that a response to anothers post is likely on any forum.
As such every poster, long-standing and respected or otherwise, must accept the likelihood of receiving a rebuttal if they cast the first stone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, To be fair to Zaphod, l am of the same opinion about people taking it upon themselves to give me their random hugs when l haven’t requested them. Is it any wonder viruses become pandemic and germs are spread.

I posted, similar to what Zaphod said in another thread and l got slaughtered for it.

We all have different opinions, it would be a funny old world if we were all nodding donkeys...
I am not sure you or Zaphod really understood Mups post!
She was trying to point out that any news reporter could take an innocent photo and try to show it as some kind of sexual abuse. They do it to win the support of the public and damage the reputation of the person in the photo... usually for political reasons!

People do not usually go round hugging strangers but, if anybody did and the person they hugged did not like it, we can easily say " Sorry I don't like that!"
Some people like to hug and some don't but, if the hugger doesn't like being told you can tell him it could be considered assault.
The photo they were discussing was taken whilst the man ( who I assume was Biden ) and a girl were close together, There didn't seem to be a report about the girl saying she was molested, so probably just a photographer trying to make it look like a dirty story that he could sell at a good price!
I think that was what Mups was saying in her post!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:12 AM

l am of the same opinion about people taking it upon themselves to give me their random hugs when l haven’t requested them.
One would have thought that at this stage in life, you'd be adopting a "beggars can't be choosers" approach.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:17 AM

President attacks ballots, machines and polls on day with record US Covid cases

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1721632.html

Donald Trump ended Veterans’ Day as he began it on Wednesday, with baseless claims about election “fraud”, “fake” polls, “lame” media and even attacks on Dominion, the company whose software powers voting machines around the US.

Following President Trump’s first public appearance in a week on Wednesday to lay a wreath for lost servicemen and women at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia, the US once again broke its record for new coronavirus cases, with at least 140,543 recorded in one day, according to Johns Hopkins University.
At that current rate of infection, the US will have another 7,000,000 cases and 150,000 deaths for Trump to include on his appalling record .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:51 AM

Thank you for a sensible response and also for pointing out that it seems to be considered okay for others here to "slaughter" a poster if opinions differ.
Strangely that acceptance runs one way only and there is no misundersting just how I was described.

But moving on ..................

Despite assertions on both sides it is quite obvious that this election has been a very close-run thing.
Not only are recounts necessary but it is the press who are deciding a winner prematurely because in addition there are many votes still to be counted (depending where you read it seems that somewhere upward of 6 million votes are still to be counted, possibly 16 million), even in states where the media has announced a winner.

Does it look like Biden has won?
Yes.
But when the GSA insist upon the need for a clear winner and say themselves that this is not yet possible, what they say is what counts.
Not what the media says.
It has taken until December to announce before, as recently as the year 2000 too so don't get too worked up now.

I have said time and again that I have no skin in this "game"; I don't much care who becomes POTUS because despite allegations it won't make any real difference to us here in the UK.
From where I stand each has too many problems to make them truly acceptable as POTUS and I feel sorry for citizens of the USA for being in this position.

But those who do care should probably wait and see who is officially declared President please before proclaiming such exuberant allegiance.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/10/93321...=1605176677551
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
An apology?
And another unwarranted personal attack, "arrogant nit" indeed!
An apology like the one Mups might have given for starting this with accusations?
If you didn't like my "rottweiler in attack mode" why do you like that of Mups where I am clearly attacked myself with the original "I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.
Bear in mind that I posted the photos originally.
Nothing hypocratical there at all then.

I "get" that Mups is a respected and long-standing member.
However if you're going to live in a glass house .........

Now personally I'm quite happy to see an end to this ridiculous ping-pong of allegations and an end to the nastiness.

It was not my intent to provoke such serious disagreement and ill-feeling but that said please remember that it is only right that a response to anothers post is likely on any forum.
As such every poster, long-standing and respected or otherwise, must accept the likelihood of receiving a rebuttal if they cast the first stone.
I'm not bothered if you've been here for 5 days or 5 years, everyone's entitled to post an opinion .... nor am I getting into trading a game of ping pong with you.
If you didn't like the reply I gave you ... and clearly you did not, you shouldn't dish it out in the first place.

And be fair ...
'why do you like that of Mups where I am clearly attacked myself with the original "I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.

How on earth do you figure that to be a personal attack on you? You need to grow a thicker skin but by all means voice your opinions ... it's what keeps the place alive. We used to have some right interesting discussions on here. Not so much now. Some got too nasty and some just ended up one sided agreements with no diversity.

As to what created the fuss .... some people hug some people don't like to hug ... some (obviously) find it creepy, others see it, more often than not, as an innocent gesture of human contact, of friendship, or comfort.
It'll be a sad day when no one can because it's seen as sleazy .. because, also sadly, sometimes it is. As to Biden. No idea. But the mud seems to have stuck.

There .. I've covered various viewpoints there. Now I'm off to dunk some ginger nuts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:11 PM

Hi

I do not agree with Mups on loads of things.

She is however entitled to her opinion.

There is a difference., she is not as nasty as you.

She has never altered one of my posts, you have.

We regularly fall out, I can accept that.

Nastiness is something I want no part of.

Morti, Twinks and Art are long term friends.

Do I get a hammering from them from time to time.

Yep.

I probably deserve it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
President attacks ballots, machines and polls on day with record US Covid cases

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1721632.html

At that current rate of infection, the US will have another 7,000,000 cases and 150,000 deaths for Trump to include on his appalling record .....
Can you stop making up silly stories. It's really boring.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

12-11-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm not bothered if you've been here for 5 days or 5 years, everyone's entitled to post an opinion .... nor am I getting into trading a game of ping pong with you.
If you didn't like the reply I gave you ... and clearly you did not, you shouldn't dish it out in the first place.
Then I politely suggest that you heed your own words.
Such evident hypocrisy with a continuation of nastiness when I requested: "Now personally I'm quite happy to see an end to this ridiculous ping-pong of allegations and an end to the nastiness.".

If you didn't want ping-pong why post, because if you think I'm going to let others like you here gang up on me just because you disagree with my opinion (despite your admission that we are all entitled) and allow hypocrisy to go unchallenged you are mistaken.

Now please.
Finis.

__________________________________________________ _

Regarding the use of hugging here in the UK since this seems to cause division.

The legal viewpoint can be seen here regarding hugging at work:

"The person giving the hug might genuinely believe they’re offering someone a warm greeting or consoling them when they’re upset, and have no sinister motivations at all. But the person being hugged can see it very differently. It could be perceived as degrading, hostile or even as an attempted sexual advance – and this could be enough to ignite a harassment claim."
https://www.simpsonmillar.co.uk/medi...at-work-in-uk/

How hugging is seen in a wider context:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/b...-rules-hugging

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...-a4011156.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s-meeting.html

Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top