Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:46 PM

Re: Technology

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Enjoy your losses Galty.
I can and do---- but you as I stated before cant--- you have to find reasons why you are not a winner.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
There is a site that records my loses I must admite I am a losing player at the moment Since 2006 I have lost £432 I have been up at times to over £500.
Thanks, so in essence you are not making or losing a fortune.
£ 432 down is still a loss, and you now have to win over that to be in profit, I think I will stick with monopoly

Thank you both for a very interesting dialogue.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:48 PM

I hope you registered for rakeback Galty as without it your losses will mount up much quicker. So many people have gone before you, playing small stake no-limit tables and cheap tournies. The colluders will eat you for breakfast every time. Tournies are largely a waste of time imo. They are chock FULL of colluders. They all register for the same tournament and then they all go all-in the first 2-3 hands. Most drop out, but the ones that won the all-ins have massive chip stacks compared to everyone else which lets them bully the tables. They can work together to squeeze people out of pots. Mugs game.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:54 PM

@Rehab

You can join these sites and play with "play money". i.e. you don't deposit a single penny, you play with pretend money. It is their way to fish for new mugs. Play money is of course nothing like real poker. People will happily throw all their chips in with rags because . . . well . . . it's only pretend money. So it's what they call a "donk fest".

It is dangerous though because remember at all times the computer/site is constantly watching you and will make attempts to make you win and feel invincible and thus switch from play money to real money.

At one stage I used to be happy with play money and made it my target to amass a million play chips. However, once I had amassed a fair amount, the system obviously clocked me and within a day took it all off me. That meant I would have to start grinding all over again from almost nothing. Not a nice prospect. I long since uninstalled Full-Tilt and Pokerstars software from my PC. Truth is you can't really tell what it is doing with your PC anyway. Just stay away is my sincere advice.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:56 PM

Only a posh version of three card brag at the end of the day. The man with the deepest pockets will win in the end, I learnt my lesson many years ago.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Only a posh version of three card brag at the end of the day. The man with the deepest pockets will win in the end, I learnt my lesson many years ago.
Only the online site wins, and all the stooge players affiliated to it. Everyone else loses. Poker players will always understate their losses.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 05:58 PM

Never play cards with a man called "Doc"!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2016, 06:04 PM

By way of balance, I should say that my wife is the only online poker winner I have ever met or genuinely heard of. She joined Full Tilt some years ago and as a new member got an automatic enrolment into a special "new member freeroll tournament". Had over 300 players in it. She won it, much to our joint surprise. Took £1500 prize money. At that point she took the money and walked away and never went back. Now that is the way to do it imo.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Only the online site wins, and all the stooge players affiliated to it. Everyone else loses. Poker players will always understate their losses.
Sites take a rake of 10% if you a good player with an ROI in the 20% + you could be a winning player if you stay at the same buy in level but with good bankroll management you can work yourself up the levels till you find a level where you start losing then you just drop a level.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

07-09-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Rubbish.

We are talking about Texas Holdem and Omaha.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top