Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 06:23 AM

track and trace is a joke

What good is this for people like me who don't have a mobile phone or a very old one that doesn't have text on it? I ask how are they gong to contact me/us? by Royal Mail?
If they want to do track and trace first they should give out the means they can contact us by.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 06:36 AM

Re: track and trace is a joke

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What good is this for people like me who don't have a mobile phone or a very old one that doesn't have text on it? I ask how are they gong to contact me/us? by Royal Mail?
If they want to do track and trace first they should give out the means they can contact us by.
Hi

It is a joke, but a hugely expensive one and a lethal one as well.

We already had one in place, used week in and week out.

Dido wasted £Billions on her new system which just did not work.

The money she wasted costs thousands of life's to Cancer Victims.

She and Boris need to be prosecuted for it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Don't you have to give your phone number when you sign into a place? Even if you don't use the app here if you use a paper sign in which has to be available they ask for your name and phone number which doesn't have to be a mobile phone. If you are a close contact they will ring you.

One of the reasons for the lockdown in Sydney was the new variant was getting ahead of contact tracers because it is so infectious and every case has to be traced, genome sequenced and linked to a source. We won't be out of lockdown until all cases are traced and we are back to zero daily cases.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 06:51 AM

It's a complete farce. People signing in as Mickey Mouse and giving false phone numbers. Bits of paper left on tables for waiting staff to chuck away, some staff forgetting to ask anyway, people arriving in twos, one using their phone to sign in, the other waved through. What an absolute waste of time and money.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Don't you have to give your phone number when you sign into a place? Even if you don't use the app here if you use a paper sign in which has to be available they ask for your name and phone number which doesn't have to be a mobile phone. If you are a close contact they will ring you.

One of the reasons for the lockdown in Sydney was the new variant was getting ahead of contact tracers because it is so infectious and every case has to be traced, genome sequenced and linked to a source. We won't be out of lockdown until all cases are traced and we are back to zero daily cases.
Hi

That is simply not going to happen here in the UK.

Money talks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:03 AM

Its all practice, for something else, probably.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:21 AM

You can tell this is a site mainly for the elderly, nothing but whinging and moaning.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:24 AM

Don't broadcast that EZ, now all the Snowflakes will want to join.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:29 AM

They'll soon melt in the heat.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its all practice, for something else, probably.
Woooo ... do tell. What's on the grapevine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top