Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Insect bites

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear, I've only gone and got 2 more darn bites last night! One on each ankle.
I'm still on the Penicillin from the last one!

I actually saw a tiny black thing on my left ankle, like a minute beetle thingy, but no idea what got my right ankle, didn't see or feel anything until it was too late.

My own fault, I had put long sleeves on to start watering last night, but forgot to put socks on too. Then I stepped into a flower bed to reach a rose to dead-head, and was assaulted within minutes!

The right ankle has started swelling. Here we go again . . .
Make sure you raise it and put on a cold compress.

I did the same Mups and the darned things home in on any bit of exposed flesh. I decided to plant some lavender bushes in the rockery at the back of the garden where nothing wants to flower this year and lo and behold the buzzing started as soon as I was distracted. I think one of the nasties nipped the back of my ankle too.

This weather seems to be heaven for biting insect reproduction.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:35 PM

It's awful isn't it Annie. Have you always suffered like this?
I'm getting nervous about even going outside in the evenings now.

I've taken my anti-histmaine, Penicillin, rubbed them down with ice, put Aloe sap on, then Tea Tree oil, and even Calamine to try and cool it down, but they are driving me mad tonight and getting redder and redder.

Don't think I'm going to get much sleep somehow.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:43 PM

This is the first time in my life I've ever had an allergy to bites Mups. I don't know what's going on.

You sound like you need some steroids. That's the only thing that helped me.

Or here is the alternative (eek!)

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 12:01 AM

Do you know what's biting you Annie?
It seems to me that it is something that is more active at dusk.
I know my Mum used to react bad with gnat bites years ago.

If they are still getting worse in the morning, I shall know the Penicillin isn't working this time.
I hope they wouldn't want me to go to hospital, because I couldn't leave the dogs could I.

Don't fancy that suit in this heat, do you?

They said on tonight local weather, it is going to get hotter still for the next two days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2018, 07:47 AM

How are you this morning Annie?

I had an awful night, both ankles now swollen.
Didn't sleep at all because of the constant itching and throbbing.
Gave up in the end and was in the shower washing my hair by 4.30 a.m.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-07-2018, 08:10 AM

Good morning Mups I am ok today thank goodness so it wasn't one of the evil superflies.

Yours sounds awful. Are you able to put shoes on to go see a doctor?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2018, 08:18 AM

I'll see if the meds soothe it a bit today, and if not I'll have to go back for something different I suppose. Fed up to the teeth with it I am.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-07-2018, 09:13 AM

I'm not surprised. Steroids may help. I've used toothpaste when the itching is really bad, but you can't do that too often.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-07-2018, 08:44 PM

How are you Mups? Did you see the doctor?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:58 PM

Gosh Mups and Annie... you poor things.

I keep hearing more and more about folk being bitten by bugs and insects. I wonder why?

Daren't say this, but I can't remember ever being bitten. Couple of wasp stings but no bug bites.
(Bites fingernails my luck isn't about to change).

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top