Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 01:50 AM

Re: Shocked at lack of respect....

Originally Posted by merz ->
It is a large cemetery with many paths going round, and I thought maybe they could come up with some sort of 'system' for going round. Only problem I can think of with that Mollie is that a one-way system could take you away from the grave you want to visit, and then you would always get some idiot going the wrong way! Some people can't even follow the arrows marked on a normal car park!
That's true, Mary. Maybe cemeteries should only allow cars which have blue badges for the disabled then, and able people could walk. There has to be a solution, but I hope that person does have to pay dearly for what he did.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 03:43 AM

how terrible merz you are so doing the right thing my hats of to you
thats is truly wrong what the driver did
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 07:24 AM

Good for you Merz. People should stop and think of the consequences of their actions.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
It is a large cemetery with many paths going round, and I thought maybe they could come up with some sort of 'system' for going round. Only problem I can think of with that Mollie is that a one-way system could take you away from the grave you want to visit, and then you would always get some idiot going the wrong way! Some people can't even follow the arrows marked on a normal car park!

Merz darlin' in the crematorium and garden of remembrance here in Brighton the Council have edged the grass verge with boulders (about 18" - 2' high - painted white) and close enough together that cars cannot pass between them. This stops cars from driving on the verges altogether unless they want to do serious damage to the underside and bodywork of their cars. If the Council in your area haven't done this, perhaps you might suggest that to them to prevent it happening again in the future.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 10:33 AM

Dont you think that in general thats how alot of people in cars tend to treat the world around them? Terrible what the guy did to the graves
but they drive like that on the roads. There seems to be some drivers who cannot show empathy for anyone or anythng. Makes you wonder what their home life is like if they can upset everyone else outside.
Reporting him was quite correct. You didnt mention how old you thought he might be? That would be interesting
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Had I been there and more agile I would have been tempted to walk all over the bonnet of his car
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Had I been there and more agile I would have been tempted to walk all over the bonnet of his car
There's a better way Meg darlin' and sight more painful. Insert walking stick into particular orifice and give him a third leg!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There's a better way Meg darlin' and sight more painful. Insert walking stick into particular orifice and give him a third leg!!!
UJ I think he may have been sitting on it so that wouldn't be possible
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
UJ I think he may have been sitting on it so that wouldn't be possible
Start from the top and ram it down far enough he'd need the services of a Proctologist to extricate it Meg darlin'
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Well done Merz, let's hope he's prosecuted and punished for such a lack of thoughtfulness and respect...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top