Join for free
Page 29 of 36 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

They are trying every trick in the book to make me have one. I am Ignoring them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I understand that if you don’t have a meter you will be limited to only a couple of tariffs on offer. The sales pitch being if you want a lower tariff then you have to have a meter fitted.
Yep that's to be expected. he thing is, for a short while, whilst the cat is still in the bag and people remain ignorant of what is really coming, they will have the upper hand. Yes I may have to pay a special tariff for a while which seems expensive . . . . BUT . . . . I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that in the not too distant future, when they finally announce Variable Rate Billing, everyone else will see their bills double or triple and those who held out will be laughing.

Once you cave in and accept a Smart Meter there's no going back.

Smart Meters exist for one purpose and it's NOT to save energy and the planet, it is to make $billions for corrupt energy companies and all the politicians and other stooges along the food chain getting back-handers. Don't be a victim. Refuse to have a Smart Meter.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They are trying every trick in the book to make me have one. I am Ignoring them.
Don't ignore the utilities. Be proactive and clear.

Inform them NOW that you will not accept a Smart Meter under any circumstances and ask them to log that on your account record.

Put a laminated A4 sheet inside your meter boxes that states clearly that no-one must install a Smart Meter at your property otherwise you will take legal action.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Don't ignore the utilities. Be proactive and clear.

Inform them NOW that you will not accept a Smart Meter under any circumstances and ask them to log that on your account record.

Put a laminated A4 sheet inside your meter boxes that states clearly that no-one must install a Smart Meter at your property otherwise you will take legal action.
My meter is indoors so they are not getting anywhere near it.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:36 PM

I popped off an email to Scottish Power complaining about the agressive sales tactic of their caller today. I asked if it will be compulsory in law to have a meter fitted by 2020 has claimed by their agent. I await their reply with interest.

( the bastard wasn’t even Scottish)
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

28-09-2018, 09:44 PM

I popped off an email to Scottish Power complaining about the agressive sales tactic of their caller today. I asked if it will be compulsory in law to have a meter fitted by 2020 has claimed by their agent. I await their reply with interest.

( the bastard wasn’t even Scottish)
Was he Muslim?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:48 PM

Was he Muslim?
What an odd question
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

28-09-2018, 09:51 PM

What an odd question
Not really, all the World's problems are caused by Muslims you know, or maybe you don't?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

28-09-2018, 09:53 PM

Not really, all the World's problems are caused by Muslims you know, or maybe you don't?
Oh! I didn’t know that Scottish Power was run by Muslims, where did you read that mate?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Silly asking your energy company that question.

You should look at the real authorities.

Smart Meters ARE DEFINITELY NOT COMPULSORY

https://www.smartenergygb.org/en/sma...ut-the-rollout

"Smart meters are not compulsory; it's entirely your choice. The government requires energy suppliers to offer smart meters to all homes and small businesses across Great Britain by 2020, but whether you accept them is completely up to you."

and this is confirmed here by Ofgem:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/h...rs-your-rights

"While we and the government think that all consumers will benefit from smart meters, they aren’t compulsory and you can choose not to have one.

Choosing not to have a smart meter may mean you don’t have access to all the available tariffs on the market, some of which could be cheaper.

If you don’t want to have a smart meter now, you will still be able to have one installed for free at a later date."

and more confirmation here from NPOWER:

https://www.npower.com/blog/2018/08/...rs-compulsory/

"are Smart meters compulsory?

The simple answer is no.

There may be some companies who make it seem like every household in the UK must have a Smart meter installed.

While that may be the Government’s aim, the fact of the matter is you can refuse the installation if you’re firmly against it."

Absolutely no question about it then. No-one, but no-one has to have a Smart Meter and imho everyone should steadfastly refuse to have one.

There's an article here about a Daily Mail campaign against energy company bully boy tactics.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...eter-bullying/

Page 29 of 36 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top