Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 08:10 AM

Re: Pulling video games off the retail shelf.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Personally I do not want to watch violence and I don't see the point in violent games.
There is too much violence going on all around us in our real lives, why add to it
I am 100% with Meg on this.

Regular exposure to such material MUST affect, in some degree, the outlook of the viewer.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 11:12 AM

I think I mentioned this somewhere before . I was in the queue at the supermarket and 3 teenagers were talking about a shop that was selling games really cheaply.

The shop was in a town about 20 miles away and one boy said that was just too far for him.
The other said but you took driving lessons dont tall me you failed?

The first boy said ...Yeah but the instuctor guy kept going on at me and it was right boring nothing like GTA or that...

Im so glad he thought so and has given up driving I wouldnt want to meet him on the road if thats his inspiration!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 11:16 AM

Scarier still was the two lads who joined the army same time as my oldest nephew who left about 5 weeks into basic training when they realised it wasn't going to be like BFHL a violent war game they were obsessed playing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 09:12 PM

I think too much watching violent games might indeed have an effect on the kids behaviour patterns. Having said that when we went to the pictures back in the 50’s we were exposed to many violent films, war, westerns, Pirates, and all the rest of them, the more action the better, we certainly weren't interested in the dialogue, it didn’t do us any harm, we would all re act the motions on the way home then forget about it until the next Saturday’s film.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think too much watching violent games might indeed have an effect on the kids behaviour patterns. Having said that when we went to the pictures back in the 50’s we were exposed to many violent films, war, westerns, Pirates, and all the rest of them, the more action the better, we certainly weren't interested in the dialogue, it didn’t do us any harm, we would all re act the motions on the way home then forget about it until the next Saturday’s film.
The games are a bit different though as the player is part of it encouraged to kill characters, what worries me is the violence against women in some of them, clearly made by men who hate women. They really do take it to another level than just watching films.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The games are a bit different though as the player is part of it encouraged to kill characters, what worries me is the violence against women in some of them, clearly made by men who hate women. They really do take it to another level than just watching films.
Agree 100 percent
Jem - you are wrong on this, violence back then - totally different to today - really this is true ........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top